Acer Aspire E1-731-4699 wierd flashing symbols after acer screen

Cessna172flyer
Cessna172flyer Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi everyone. So I ran into a really wierd problem on my moms laptop this am. Whenever I try to boot up the laptop, the acer screen will show then quickly go to a black screen that will say missing boot manager press alt control del to restart or it will go to a black screen that has a handful of colorful boxes, some with flashing symbols, letters, or numbers. It is the weirdest thing ever. I try to restart the pc and can't enter enter bios or separate boot screen. I have pushed and held down all the f keys and am completely stumped. I have attached a picture so hopefully you can see what I am talking about. Please let me know if you need any other info from me. Thanks in advance! 

David

image.jpeg

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Hi David,

My initial response is that this is a hard drive issue but could be as simple as a case of software corruption and I'll explain what I see.

So there are slight variations to the error message. If you see "No Bootable Device" it's more likely that the HDD is not be detected, but the missing boot manager message sounds like an error with the boot manager which is software that loads the OS and could possibly be corrected with a reinstall of Windows. Some steps you can try would be to tap ALT+F10 as soon as you turn the device on. Right after the Acer screen it would start loading a hidden partition on the HDD to start a recovery process. If that doesn't work, if you created a backup USB you can use that or if necessary you could obtain a backup from our Acer Store.

Here's a link to our recovery processes that may help: http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29934

Cory

• Cessna172flyer
    Cessna172flyer Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi Cory. So sometimes it brings up no dialogue and now it is constantly saying the bootmgr is missing and to press control alt delete to restart. Last night it would just get to the black screen with wierd symbols and simply force restart everytime. Alt f10 does not work and I'm thinking that if I get a recovery use it would not matter because I can not choose what device to boot from anyways. I can not get into any bios or secondary screen besides the screen I took a picture of. The frustrating part is that I just bought this pic for my mom about a month ago, so it is a brand new pic and don't know why it is doing this. Am I under any warranty or anything?

thanks.