Acer Aspire E 15 Win 10 random dollar and euro symbol insertion

ajg_1947
ajg_1947 Member Posts: 4 New User

My new Acer Aspire E 15 Win 10 laptop inserts random dollar and euro symbols in all test strings.  The problems seems to have started after a Win update (the first on processed) after I bought the machine.

Answers

• Go to Control Panel/Programs and Features/View installed updates and uninstall the updates if you know when they were installed. 

• ajg_1947
    Didn't work! And a day later the same updates were reinstalled. The computer is worthless. I can't even do google searches using any of the browsers (IE, chrome, Firefox ,...) without extra characters being inserted ( even if I compose in word and paste into the browser. Now the computer randomly enters airplane mode! I toggled airplane mode off in settings and disabled software control of the wireless card in device control and it still does it!
  • ajg_1947
    Oh , and the wireless card refuses to connect to my dlink router.
  • Do this

http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/stop-automatic-driver-updates-windows-10

It looks like this now and has the one setting.

2016-09-14_1615.jpg

Then make sure you uninstalled the wifi in Control Panel/Programs and Features and then go to 

Device manager, driver for wifi and uninstall.

Then try installing the 8.1 driver.

• ajg_1947

Which problem does this address?Random Characters?  random airplane mode? failure to connect to dlink router?

• I sent that to you by mistake. Seems like it doesn't work anyway.

I did that to a Fresh install of Anniverary Edition to stop Win 10 installing drivers. I just watched it install a (non-Acer) Intel Graphics driver. Thankfully it didn't mess up the laptop.