Acer Aspire E 15 Start started to slow

rxd_axdrxi
rxd_axdrxi Member Posts: 1 New User

I've had my laptop for a couple of months now so its new. But recently because of what i did it started to slow down. I wanted to shut down my computer however i oressed restart by mistake and so while restarting I i turned it off by holding the power button.When i turned it back on, my computer was slower than usual. I have done the very same thing a couple of times and this time this happened. Maybe i broke something or i dont know i cant figure it out. Also i play league of legends on this laptop and it ran 60+ frames persecond before, but now it runs 4 frames per second up to 30 frams per second. I do not know whats wrong, please help.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

I've heard of shutting down by holding the power button can cause O/S corruption, but I've never experienced it.

This probably won't help, but it's easy.

Shut down, remove power cord, find the tiny pinhole in the bottom and gently press into it with a paperclip until you fell a click, hold for 5 seconds, plug in and test.

Open a command prompt as Administrator and type chkdsk /f     It will want to retart so say yes and restart.