why is my laptop screen yellow? Aspire E 15 E5-575-51GG

Options
betsymaury
betsymaury Member Posts: 6 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives

I just started up my e5 laptop and the screen sadly is yellow. What can I do?

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Options

Hi,

Check whether Bluelight shield is switched on in Acer Quick Access. If it is, switch off with slider.

Capture.JPG

• betsymaury
    Options

It does look different a the different bluelight shield settings but the YELLOW overcast remains.

• brummyfan2
    Options

Hi,

Could you tell us the exact model and the display driver version please.

• betsymaury
    Options

Acer Aspire E 15 E5-575-51GG Laptop: Core i5-6200U, 8GB RAM, Full HD Display, 500GB HDD, Windows 10

intel hd graphics 520

• brummyfan2
    Options

Hi,

Go to Device manager(right click windows logo at bottom left), expand Display adapters, highlight Intel 520, right click and select Properties, uninstall the driver in Driver tab. Reboot and let windows install the driver, if that doesn't help, download the driver version 20.19.15.4390 from here and install manually:https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/6752?b=1

• vivian1002
    vivian1002 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Hi, i just bought acer laptop on yesterday. I am also facing screen yellow problem. What can i do to this problem?

My computer model: E5-575G-55Z3, 4gb RAM, Intel Core i5-7200U

• brummyfan2
    Options

Hi,

Try the driver update as my previous post, if that doesn't help, please contact Acer Service centre in your area, it could be a hardware problem.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/MY/content/support

• vivian1002
    Options
  • vivian1002
    Options

Please refer to the picture above. The background should be white in color,however in my computer become yellow color. I have uninstall the thing you asked me to uninstall.But it look the same. What can i do? The yellow screen is very irritating. Please help in this matter.. Thank you

• brummyfan2
    Options

Hi, 

If you are talking about the yellow backgound highlight behind texts, it could be browser, have you tried chrome help pages? There should be a setting to remove that effect, try Edge browser and see whether it appears in Edge as well.

Untitled.jpg

• betsymaury
    Options

Ive done sthe same steps with no luck.

When I spoke with support they advised to send it in.

They also cautioned that if it s hardward damaged during shipping they wont support.

This seems like an issue I had with a graphics card. It was simpluy defectivve and needed to be replaced.

Really annoying because i need the computer now.

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,153 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi,

If you haven't send the laptop yet, give it another try by uninstalling Acer Quick Access in Programs, uninstall the Display Driver in Device manager and reboot to let Windows install the driver.

If it's a hardware fault, unfortunately, it has to go for a repair by AcerSmiley Sad

• betsymaury
    Options

I packed up my yellow screen laptop and sent it to Acer service.

They sent back and said it's just fine.

Wow.

Am I blind?

It's still friggin yellow.

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,153 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi,

I am really sorry to hear your misfortune, I have heard others praise the service offered by Acer in US, try a different Acer Service centre or try to get hold of a senior manager at the service centre you send the laptop and complain.

• PravinJrAspire
    PravinJrAspire Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Wow.

Am I blind?

I am havin the same problem.they told me its normal for full hd.and its really annoying to see yeloow background. I will let u know if i find the solution

Wow.

Am I blind?

betsymaury said:

Wow.

Am I blind?

Wow.

Am I blind?

• PravinJrAspire
    PravinJrAspire Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

They say its normal for full hd but its annoying.

• MicDaRoc
    MicDaRoc Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    HERE'S THE FIX GUYS!

Your computer is fine and so are your drivers! If you've already tried the night mode settings fix here is my solution:

Go to msconfig (search for it on your computer or just open system configuration). Select the services tab at the top and scroll way back down to QUICK ACCESS SERVICE (you may want to hide the microsoft services first for better overview). Uncheck quick access service AND LIVE A HAPPY LIFE! Figuring this out took me a whole day! This seems to be an Acer issue they haven't figured out how to fix it. SPREAD THE WORD!
  • tlelliot
    tlelliot Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    It has been left in LEGACY only, and it does not change, I tried many times, but nothing.

..................Air Conditioning Repair Madison AL

• Long
    Long Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    MicDaRoc's fix has saved my day by addressing the tainted yellow screen problem on my Swift 5 laptop. 

Here is what happened to my laptop. I recently bought a Samsung wide screen monitor and wanted to use it as an extension to my laptop. I was surprised to find that the new monitor screen turned tainted yellow a few seconds after I had connect it to the swift 5 laptop through HDMI cable - it WASN'T the night mode. What was more surprising was that it also caused the laptop's screen to turn yellowish. I contacted Samsung tech support and it was mysterious to them. We found out that this problem didn't happen to a different laptop. That made me think that maybe connecting to the external monitor caused damage to the graphic card hardware or driver. I tried different versions of the intel uhd 620 graphic drivers, but to no avail. The laptop alone now had this tainted yellow screen problem. It could be temporarily fixed by tweaking the "color management" settings, as reported in many online posts or youtube videos, but the problem always came back after a restart. Fortunately I discovered the post by MicDaRoc, which was spot-on in addressing the problem in my scenario. 

The yellow screen disappeared as soon as I disabled the Quick Access Services and restarted the laptop. Knowing that the Quick Access app was Acer's own preinstalled software and I'd never needed it, I went further and uninstalled it. I did live happily after that - it's been several days and the problem never came back again. I wonder how MicDaRoc figured this out. Anyway, I do want to show my appreciation for MicDaRoc's fix and would like to help spread the word. This is definitely one thing one should try when troubleshooting mysterious tainted yellow screen problem on Acer laptops.   
  • Ammar11
    Ammar11 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Long said:
    MicDaRoc's fix has saved my day by addressing the tainted yellow screen problem on my Swift 5 laptop. 

Here is what happened to my laptop. I recently bought a Samsung wide screen monitor and wanted to use it as an extension to my laptop. I was surprised to find that the new monitor screen turned tainted yellow a few seconds after I had connect it to the swift 5 laptop through HDMI cable - it WASN'T the night mode. What was more surprising was that it also caused the laptop's screen to turn yellowish. I contacted Samsung tech support and it was mysterious to them. We found out that this problem didn't happen to a different laptop. That made me think that maybe connecting to the external monitor caused damage to the graphic card hardware or driver. I tried different versions of the intel uhd 620 graphic drivers, but to no avail. The laptop alone now had this tainted yellow screen problem. It could be temporarily fixed by tweaking the "color management" settings, as reported in many online posts or youtube videos, but the problem always came back after a restart. Fortunately I discovered the post by MicDaRoc, which was spot-on in addressing the problem in my scenario. 

The yellow screen disappeared as soon as I disabled the Quick Access Services and restarted the laptop. Knowing that the Quick Access app was Acer's own preinstalled software and I'd never needed it, I went further and uninstalled it. I did live happily after that - it's been several days and the problem never came back again. I wonder how MicDaRoc figured this out. Anyway, I do want to show my appreciation for MicDaRoc's fix and would like to help spread the word. This is definitely one thing one should try when troubleshooting mysterious tainted yellow screen problem on Acer laptops.   
    Really, I can't believe that, I used this option also but nothing happened