unknown issue -won't boot after windows 10 update

Options
RONNIEP
RONNIEP Member Posts: 1 New User

Apologies in advance if my frustration shows thru this post.  Just bought this ACER Aspire E15 E5-522. First boot worked fine, no issues.  Went in and un-installed some software that tries to force you to buy their product (PC something?) re-started the machine and of course it did updates and re-started fine. Played around getting to know the machine, went to shut it down, hit the wrong button and clicked re-start & update instead and it started doing a 2nd update for the day. 2 hours later the updates were finally completed and it said "re-starting"  Left it alone to restart and install the updates and 4 hours later, it is stuck in re-start mode.  it shows the ACER logo and shows a spinner like it is working, then the screen goes black.  Few minutes later it does the same thing over again.  I have powered it down and tried to re-start and now I get nothing. UPDATE - OMG, I just hung up from the ACER help desk and #1 it was so loud it was like a party was going on!  The guy is trying to tell me the battery is dead and I should charge it for two hours and call back.  The darn thing is plugged into the wall and when I told him that he says it probably over heated?  Seriously?  Really thinking I should pack it up and return it.  Any thoughts? 

Best Answer

Answers