strange behaviour bios issues Aspire E5-473G it needs to be pulled

Nicky33
Nicky33 Member Posts: 9 New User

Category Vendor Description Version Size Date  

BIOSAcerImprove system performance1.135.4 MB2016/05/10

Wifi isuess 

reinstall bios sorted 

next reinstalled windows 10 pro x64  due to the above reason also tried windows 7 / 8.1 same reason wifi becomes unstable .. and also installing duplicated wifi drivers with micosoft drivers within the system .

Next system was running okay and fine once i installed the bios but get this now .. 

CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT ERROR 

Also all my drivers are the very lastest  and is all up to date ..

When using ?

BIOSAcerFixed battery drain off quickly during power off1.095.4 MB

2015/08/17

Everythomg was fine it seems some investigating needs to be done  plus virtual memory is a  little bit acting up too since the updated bios came out.. and am using the recomanded setting with using 8GB RAM and that is 1909MB..

Just an update

Seems to be the problem with WiFI again even sharing the wifi hotspot  .. it will run fine, then stop randomly  then i have to update the drivers again then everything goes back to normal again, even being allowed to share my wifi hotspot .

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Are you using any utility to try to access bios such as Asus' AI Suite or similar?

Go to bios and click F9 and then F10, save and exit.

Go to Device Manager/network adapters/ double click your wifi adapter, power management tab and uncheck allow the computer to turn off this device.

• Nicky33

Done the above also the software am using is ?

Acer Power Management

Acer Quick Access

Acer Care Center

Plus i have noticed in long periods of time that the wifi goes off randomly and shows the yellow warning sign then starts to disconnect disappears then i have  to wait around a bit for it to connect back again  .. 

• philetus

The Wifi driver or the chipset may be causing the CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT ERROR .

See this link,

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2342759/fix-clock-watchdog-timeout-error.html

• Nicky33

Well been toying around and used model  no  Aspire E5-473TG bios lastest version same as the above seems to be running okay now it just maybe the link faulty at acer end  .. but not going to close this just yet and also thanks for the input .. 

• philetus

Glad to hear you got it going.

• Nicky33

Spoken too soon  ..

Running VMWare Workstation  10 with OS X  Yosemite  and bang dos screen started again also I have noticed when running 11 or 12 of VMWare Workstation.? Am unable share my internet plus I have only noticed this problem since updating the bios ..

So am now wondering where this problem is coming from due to the fact early on while running Windows 10 Pro  the system was working flawlessly without issues whatsoever..

And also since the update i have notice problems around the WiFi / Drivers  .. 

Maybe Acer Bios Team need to do some investergating around WiFi ..?

Also i find it strange that once updated the bios and doing a clean windows install with 7/8.1 and 10 and installing wifi driver that micosoft driver were processing duplicate driver sometimes 2 or 3 times on ?

hosted network virtual adapter

isatap adapter 

wifi direct virtual adapter

That dos caused the lose of being able to download apps ... is there anyway to roll back to the other bios i was on by any chance ? This updated bios is making me angry now ..  

Well reinstalled Windows 10 and windows 10 update works pefect but when i go to app store and try to download apps they load ready to download and show on start menu but then fail to download .. also when try to refesh sametime happends fail to download ..  but windows update works fine .. hmm 

• Nicky33

Well now the screen is acting up ? i have 9 marks like light dark light dark also when the system rebooted after updating windows 10 the left corner near to start button flashed white and then shown a totally blank screen but upon hard reset screen came back on but now all the apps work  ..  

But now the screen has become simller to this picture but more rounded ..  DELLerror.jpg

Seems to have died down abit now to just around the taskbar but a little white also on reboot with  acer logo it can be seen ..I would  really like to change this bios if there was a way to see if it would change everythig for it to be running smooth again ..

• Nicky33

Wifi again started to play up again 

• Nicky33

This is what the Bios has done to my screen ...

13289022_1000284363395975_707609554_n.jpg

• philetus

Go to devive manager/display adapter and double click on your adapter, click driver, update driver and search auto.

It has to be a driver issue.

• Nicky33

I did that and did nothing ..  Smiley Mad