reset failed Help!

Options
tinapaycrunch
tinapaycrunch Member Posts: 5 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives

Hello

I reset my acer e5 but it failed when it came to 62%. It wont also re-install the pre-installed windows 10. I already searched the forum and I also tried this http://community.acer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Windows-10-Installation-Recovery-Media-Creation-and-Use/... . I'm grateful for all the tips on how to dos, but still it wont work. I tried the usb, download media tools, f12, f10, recover wont work because the administrator account was cleared and deleted when it was reset. what should I do? It just keeps on restarting. Help. Please. Thank you. 

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Are you saying you have a Recovery drive or Recovery disks?

• tinapaycrunch
    Options

I'm sorry but I'm not really good at this Smiley Sad . All I did was download the windows 10 in a flash drive, then f10, clicked the "other network/usb drive".. to install the windows 10 again because the pre-installed wont work. I also tried the f12, clicked "network p6", and still nope. I also downloaded the windows media recovery tool which was instructed and given by the url I stated above. Still nothing... maybe I'm doing it wrong.. that's why please help. It just keep on restarting.  I went to cyberzone and asked some technician there, they said I should pay 2k. In addition, I also went to acer there, their tech also charged me 1,500 pesos for "Bios prob". Smiley Sad ... should I? 

• tinapaycrunch
    Options

PS. unabled to create the recovery drive  http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38147 *facepalm* Sorry

• philetus
    Options

When you tried to install Windows from a flashdrive, did it start and install anything?

• tinapaycrunch
    Options

No, it didn't. It went black then after few seconds, it restarted. Smiley Sad 

• philetus
    Options

You said you tried F-10 at boot. Did you try ALT+F-10?

Was it working OK when you initially decided to reset the laptop or had it already started booting to a black screen?

It could be a failed hard drive.

• tinapaycrunch
    Options

yes I also did the alt+f10. The laptop was brandnew. Purchased on Jan 2016, shipped from Saudi to Ph. The setting was made on Saudi.... 

• Ap2099
    Ap2099 Member Posts: 35 Troubleshooter
    Options

Hello,

What you are having is the computer is not finding the path that it needs to install Windows. The only way to fix this is to get  A true copy of Windows to install. This has nothing to do with the Bios. Maybe the Bios may need a update, but that wont stop you from installing Windows.

Please dont forget to hit that slouation acepted button.

• Alessandro56
    Alessandro56 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Hello.. to me it happened that I reset my pc and ran to a percentage and it stopped with the message reset failed. the pc turns on and restarts with the bios screen if i click f2 or other keys nothing happens. what should I do?
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Hello.. to me it happened that I reset my pc and ran to a percentage and it stopped with the message reset failed. the pc turns on and restarts with the bios screen if i click f2 or other keys nothing happens. what should I do?
    This answer applies to 'tinapaycrunch' also, have you both tried to let the computer boot without touching any keys? As touching F2 (or F12) is a way of getting into the BIOS only, just reboot the computer 'Normally' don't touch any key! 

Otherwise, go to this page: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 'Create Windows 10 installation media' Download tool now to make a Windows 10 installation boot USB (use an 8GB USB min) and download Windows, then do the following:
    1. Insert the Windows installation USB media, and then start the computer. Make sure that the computer is set to a "boot order" from a USB in BIOS by either pressing F2 or F12.
    2. Press a key when the message Press any key to boot.
    3. Select a language, a time, a currency, a keyboard or another input method, and then click Next.
    4. Click Repair your computer.
    5. Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click Next.
    6. On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. Select Advanced Options >Startup Repair
    7. If it doesn't fix the issue then go to Command Prompt under Advanced Options.
    8. Type Bootrec /RebuildBcd, and then press ENTER. This command will rebuild boot configuration data, that is and in case any issue with Boot files are causing this issue.
    9. If it doesn't fix the problem, then you can go with System Restore option under Advanced Options and follow with onscreen instruction to restore your computer to earlier point of time.

If problem still persist, then select Reset this PC with Keep my files option. While performing reset ensure to select Keep my files. It will do the following,

• Reinstalls Windows 10 and keeps your personal files.

• Removes apps and drivers you installed.

• Removes changes you made to settings.

• Removes any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps from your PC manufacturer will be reinstalled.)

Warning:

• Be careful when changing BIOS settings. The BIOS interface is designed for advanced users, and it's possible to change a setting that could prevent your computer from starting correctly.

• Updating BIOS should only be done if necessary (to solve a compatibility problem, for example). It can be a complicated process, and if an error occurs, your computer could be rendered inoperable. Be sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions exactly.