new Aspire es 15 laptop installed windows 10 keeps asking for product key

marhar74
marhar74 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives

New Aspire es15 with windows 10 already installed keeps asking for product key to get access. The system confirms that it is already activated. Why does it keep asking for product key? Where is the product key? What should I do? Already went to a microsoft forum and it was suggested that i contact Acer.

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew

The upgrade when done correctly should not prompt for any product key.  If its been less than 30 days since the update to Windows 10 you can go to Start>Settings>Update and Security. You should see a roll back option to restore it back to Windows 8. Here is a link to our Windows 10 upgrade that may be helpful: http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37828/~/windows-10%3A-how-do-i-upgrade-to-windows-10

• Patrick7
    Patrick7 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi,
    Purchased Acer Aspire TC 230 almost twelve months ago. The PC keeps crashing been back to manufacture once every time I reset the **&&^&^&*** thing I get bombarded with a pop-up telling me to register. WTF

Thanks
    Pat
  • rohit8171311006
    rohit8171311006 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Sir I have purchased a laptop of your company  now it's asking a product key for window activation  can u plz help me