need help cant do a system recovory

Options
B1gwill1970
B1gwill1970 Member Posts: 18 New User

i have had my laptop for about a week i updated to 10 and now windows does not load i get the acer logo then it goes blank and when i try to retore the windows it asks for the disc but i dont have a disc i cant even restore back to factory 

Answers

• B1gwill1970
    Options

yes i have tried that one and when i do that it keeps asking for a disc or it will say there is a problem and needs to restart 

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options

What computer model?

What OS came pre-installed on your computer?

How did you upgrade to Windows 10? windows update?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • B1gwill1970
    Options

Aspire es1-711 came with 8 pre  installed then gave me a free upgradee to 10 

• JordanB
    Options

Supposedly there's an undocumented method to get to recovery.  I can't quite remember how to do it....but I copied/pasted this from a different post on a Gateway computer.  It seems like you only have to do it 3 times though? Maybe it's 4...I don't remember.   Acer owns Gateway.

Spoiler
    If you are not able to get the troubleshoot page, press and hold the left Shift key. Restart the computer continuously for around 4 times without allowing the computer to go past the Gateway logo screen. You will get the Trouble shoot screen, in which you will get the option to reset your computer to the factory shipped settings. 

Click on the spoiler tag. You'll have to force restart/shutdown by holding the power button. 

• B1gwill1970
    Options

I can get to the trouble shoot and atempt to do the recovery but it sks for a disc and when i try to reset to factory i get an error message saying unable to restore 

• JordanB
    Options

I'm out of ideas.  Sorry.  Maybe someone else can give you some suggestions.

If you get it working again, make sure you create an Acer factory default USB flash drive before you upgrade to windows 10 again.

You could always call or chat with Acer since you're still under warranty.....maybe they'll send you some recovery media since your computer is only a week old.