my screen suddenly became green and pink, what should i do? im using windows 10

gwenc
gwenc Member Posts: 3 New User

i was just surfing the internet when the problem occured. Everything else is working fine though.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

are you still having this issue after a reboot?

if you move the monitor frame, does it change color?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Ap2099
    Ap2099 Member Posts: 35 Troubleshooter

Based on what you have stated, you are having  problems with the Graphics Card or Viedo Card. Either way if you update the Driver(s) your problem should be solved. Just see what kind of Viedo Card you have then go to that ower and get the Driver that you need. EX: If you have a Acer computer, then you would go to Acer to get the driver. Hope this helps you out.

• gwenc

tried rebooting but nothing happened same with moving the monitor frame

• gwenc

Just checked my graphics card and my laptop says it's working properly. 

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

your laptop model?

can you connect an external monitor/TV to your laptop?

check if wrong colors appear on external monitor/TV too.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • phwaap
    phwaap Member Posts: 1 New User

This is almost certainly a loose cable connected to the back of your screen.  Video drivers or cards don't tend to just lose one color and deteriorate over time.  At first the problem will happen occasionally and, if you find where the cable is connected (mine is in the middle just below the screen behind the bezel), you can gently push on the bezel and it will often clear up.  It depends how the cable is connected as to whether this works or not.  Of course, by doing so you are further loosening the connection held with tape and it will eventually stay pink/green.

If you are at all able to do minor work with computers, follow a walkthrough like this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pvsGJETshE, to remove the bezel and re-fasten the cable.  I was able to fix my permanently pink/green display in less than 20 minutes.