mirror full screen video via hdmi

Options
bully
bully Member Posts: 21 Troubleshooter

Hi - i've just bought an Aspire E3-112 and upgraded to Win10. The laptop is connected to the TV via hdmi but when i run a video full screen on the laptop, the TV picture does not fill the screen. It displays the correct aspect ratio etc, but there are huge borders all around. One of the major reasons i bought the laptop was to stream video full screen to the TV. Please tell me there is a setting that will allow me to do this or i will have wasted my money. Thanks.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

it's a know limitation of Intel VGA drivers, when mirroring or cloning, it will choose the lowest resolution (your laptop monitor).

if you choose to extend or to use only the external monitor, it will be fullscreen.

by the way, you can check on Intel control panel if there's an option to expand the displayed image to the whole TV screen.

select your TV and have a look on screen settings.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • bully
    bully Member Posts: 21 Troubleshooter
    Options

Thanks - it certainly wasn't known to me! I couldnt find any intel settings to adjust the size of the TV screen, but luckily i found the zoom option on the TV did the trick. Most disappointing effort from intel.