i need to find out what the beep code means on my acer Aspire E-1

Options
bricass
bricass Member Posts: 8 New User

my aspie E-1 is making a bee code noise.

regular beeps

what does it mean? i can't find any info on the acer site

thanks

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

need the complete model number.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Josimar
    Josimar Member Posts: 25

Tinkerer

Options

Bricass good day .

I could indicate whether the computer when this noise presents the operating system freezes.

The noise occurs at all times? Or is it only when you are within the operating system of your machine?

• Josimar
    Josimar Member Posts: 25

Tinkerer

Options

Bricass good day .

I could indicate whether the computer when this noise presents the operating system freezes.
    The noise occurs at all times? Or is it only when you are within the operating system of your machine?

If you served the help , I suggest you give Kudos and also marked as solved your problem in Thanks to the solution. Greetings !! happy smiley

• bricass
    Options

Hi,

thanks for the reply.

the model is Aspire E-1-571-6482

it is a continual single beep, about 10 seconds apart with the comuter running. The screen also flashes dim and then back to regular.

B

• bricass
    Options

single beeps, about 10 seconds apart.

the computer seems to be running ok.

i have run utilities to clean up the operating system, but it didn't help.

thank you

• IronFly
    Options

can you please report the installed OS?

i can't find any beep table/codes around, so i can't help on what the beep means.

by the way, if you post the installed OS, i can help you to find some drivers and maybe BIOS update to narrow a little what can be the issue.

i would also open the ram cover and check if ram is well seated, just to be sure, i would take it off and re-plug it.

also check about dust on fan and air intake-outlet

• bricass
    Options

HI,

Sorry i forgot. I'm running Win 7.

i scoured the Acer website for beep codes and could not find any either. That seems odd? Why would the manufacturer not make them available?

i also checked bios updates, but could not determine if the choice on Acer's site was correct.

it's really not a good site for selfhelp. Maybe they want to steer customers to their after market suport service? Who knows. But HP and Toshiba i find to be far better.

thanks for all your help.

• bricass
    Options

while tinkering i got a message that popped up saying windows wants to do a back-up.

i tried to turn off the auto-scheduling to see if this stops the beeping.

i went into the back up program, but with windows home version, i can't find anywhere to kill the automatic back up.

this may be the source of the beeping?

how do i turn off the back up?

thanks for your ongoing comments.

• IronFly
    Options

i don't think.

• bricass
    Options

Well....i updated the bios and that was not the problem.

i'm stuck trying to figure out what to do with the Intel Chipset folder. It's also for a 64 bit windows app, and i think that home edition is 32 bit?

also the Intel VGA folder is beyond me. I read the read me file but the fix is long and detialed. Again I don't know what to do here.

sounds like i need a technician?

any further thoughts most appreciated.

B

• bricass
    Options

i stand corrected, the Windows version is 64 bit.

thanks

• bricass
    Options

Everyone, thanks for the attempted fixes.

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit.

i have now tried: Glary Utilities, Pareto Logic's PC Health Advisor (which is advertised to solve the beep code issue), updated BIOS, checked that the ram chips were seated, i went into the ACER trouble shooting program on the computer, I checked Devise Manager for any yellow flags - there wern't any. Nothing worked.

I can't update the video driver from the folder i linked to in Fire Fly's reply. There are many files in the folder I link to, so I don't know what to do. Also this goes for the chip set folder. better instal instructions would be most helpful.

And any other suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks very much.