i have a power issue acer aspire m5 581tg

Options
sissel
sissel Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi. I have a power problem with my Acer Aspire M5 581 TG. 

Sometimes it turns off on its own, and its not possible to turn it on again unless my power supply is connected. The keyboard should have light under the keys, however it turns of right after start and wont turn on until power supply is connected. Even if I type as it use to do before the problems started.

The computer is close to two years old, and these problems just started. I do know some things about computers, but I just want to make sure this issue cant be handled by myself due to the computer is used many hours each day. 

If you have experiences anything like this, I do want to hear you're solution to this problem. Cause, I do have an idea what can make this issue. Power-jack is one of them. Replacing it myself would save me a lot of time and effort, cause I don't want to send my computer to Acer if I can help help it. If this is not the problem, it could be related to the battery, due to voltage error or power surge of some sort. 

UTDATE: I updated my sound-driver and I sorted out the keyboard issue. After going through the eventlog, I saw a clear line with the problems I experianced to upgrading to windows 8.1 last year. I do hope this solved my problems. 

I will repost if this is solved.