how can disable secure boot on acer laptop when it is deactive

comcoral
comcoral Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

hi

i have a seriously problem

i went go to bios of acer laptop model : Aspire E15 , then first step set a supervisor password for example : *** and second step , change legacy mode to UEFI mode and finally step , Exit and save change

after reset , i receive this messege  : -->>  No Bootable Device . then i decided that again change UEFI mode to legacy mode but i can't do this because secure boot is Enable and i can't disable it because it option is deactive

secure boot is deactive.JPGsupervisor password is deactive.JPG

also supervisor password is deactive and i can't change to Unset but i remember my password but i can't Unset because it option in deactive

What should I do for this problems ?

thank you for help

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer

Hi,

Did you set User Password as well? What happens when you try to enter BIOS settings? It seems that you haven't cleared the Password.

• comcoral

yes , i entered user password very well : *** and is okey

when i try to enter Bios with press F2 key , the bios ask me Enter Current Password:  and i too enter ***password then bios settings open and everything okey but all options in bios is grey ( Deactive ) , Except two options that is Set User Password and Set HDD0 Passwordwhen i try enter bios setting.jpg

i very amazing that why Supervisor password is grey ( Deactive ) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    ???????

this is a software bug for acer ?? i before set a supervisor password then why now all option is grey ????

i can't clear password , this is similar Deep Freeze software on OS , Perhaps Because the Secure boot option is Enabled and locked ( grey )

help me

[edited for privacy - THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM - please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer

Hi,

You don't need to create a User Password, you only have to create a temporary PW for Supervisor, try clear the User PW.

In BIOS settings, click User Password, enter the current PW and press enter, next leave blank for new PW and enter, confirm new password leave blank and enter.

• comcoral

i do this but when press F2 Key , again ask me    Enter Current Password and

when i try enter bios setting.jpg

i entered *** but this message gives  " Password check Fail!! "    i very amazing !!!!!

now It also does not accept previous password   !!!

DSC_1006.jpg

i tried 3 times and got

DSC_1007.jpg

Press Enter on keyboard and finaly step is two options for select :  1. Enter Unlock Password  2.System shut down

i selected " Enter Unlock Password " ...

DSC_1008.jpg

then i received this message -->>    " Enter Unlock Password(Key:***) "

then the above key in picture ( key :76269849 ) entered in website : https://bios-pw.org/ and i received password , Like the image below

then i enter my password that give me ( picture above )  : *** and with successfully entered in the bios environment and still all of options is deactive ( grey ) but this time  " Set User Password is : Clear " and HDD0 Password is : Clear " however  other options still is deactive ( grey ) . but ...  waiting ... everything is not over !!! Smiley Happy

once again press F10 key on keyboard and save changes and exit ... this time press F2 key for entered in bios environment then again ask you " Enter Current Password " and you must enter unlock password : *** you will see that all of options is acitvated and everythings is okey and you can change each option that before you can't , especially supervisor password option and Boot Mode option , and finally the problem is solved Smiley HappyHeart

like the images below

finally.jpgfinally2.jpg

.............................................................................................

i apologize to all of you for my poor english language , and thank you so much Dear brummyfan2 for help me ( good luck )

i love so much Acer and IranHeartHeartHeart

good bye...

[edited for privacy - THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM - please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]