high disk usage in my acer e5 575g 56gy

SASUKERAWAT
SASUKERAWAT Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

i was facing high disk usage of constant 100% ..after googling i disabled the services ...it resolved the issue somewhat but whenever i copy something within hard disk or install someting that disk usage goes to 100% and the system just got stuck..i downgraded clean install to anniversary update of win 10 still facing the issue...perfomance is very slow...i found that ntoskrnl.exe is causing the problem..i changed its attributes ...but after few minuter disk usage agin goes high.how to tweak this ntoskrnl.exe!

Answers

• Lgordon225
    Lgordon225 Member Posts: 3 New User

If you are using Windows 10 you can try these tips below in this guide

• Scan your computer for viruses and malicious programs
    • Disable Hibernate and Fast Startup
    • Turn off Notifications for Windows tips
    • Disable Superfetch Service
    • Updated all drivers for your computer hardware especially the graphics card driver.
    • Perform a Windows 10 Repair
    • Add more RAM
    • Uninstall unnecessary applications
    • Close all idle applications and browser web pages.

Hope you fix this problem.

• SASUKERAWAT
    SASUKERAWAT Member Posts: 2 New User
    sorry but my hard disk ...is the victim...not the ram and i did all these things updated drivers blocked..services.prefetch,superfetch search and many..everything!!!even cleaned install...still problem persist!!! will it harm my hard disk!!!
  • dak2014
    dak2014 Member Posts: 75 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

I had the exact same issue yesterday too and i fixed the problem only with a simple "reset PC". I couldnt find a different way around it sadly. But now my CPU/disk usage is at under 5% thankfully. Hope that helps.