error code 0xc0000000d aspire m5-581t

rohanaherrao
rohanaherrao Member Posts: 1 New User
I am using aspire m5-581t. I am having a blue screen showing recovery you will need to repair your device it says use installation media but i don't have any CD or USB flash drive. I dont know what to do, backlights of keyboard are on if alt+f10/f2 pressed nothing happens. Laptop shows press esc for UEFI FIRMWARE SETTINGS but it doesnt make any effect

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

I would suggest you to rebuild the BCD (Boot Configuration Data) from Command prompt and check if that helps.

1. Insert the Windows 8.x installation/recovery media and boot the computer using the disc.
    if you don't have a installation/recovery media, i suggest to download windows 8.1 enterprise trial edition:
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-windows-8-1-enterprise
    you need to burn the downloaded iso file to an USB or DVD bootable media

Note: You need to check the computer manual on how to set CD/DVD or USB drive as the first boot device in the BIOS.

2. Once you boot using the Windows installation disc, on the Windows 8.x installation window, click on Repair your computer.

3. Click on Troubleshoot and in the Advanced options. First thing you may try is the Automatic Repair. If that does not help, go for System restore. If that works fine, then create a system restore point so that next time you encounter any problems you may always restore the computer to the recent system restore point created.

4. If that does not help, then select Command Prompt. Enter the following four commands into the prompt.

bootrec /fixmbr
    bootrec /fixboot
    bootrec /scanos
    bootrec /rebuildbcd

Once the command completes, restart the computer.

I'm not an Acer employee.