e5 574g

Options
noofster
noofster Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi,

i just got an acer e5 574g with pre-installed windows 10, the device is an i7 2.5g with 12gb of ram.  i noticed the device became slow after windows preformed an update and its restart times takes upto 2 minutes. i found no solution whatsover for the slow boot or the sluggish performance after the update.

i already did disk cleanup and cant restore to pre-update, so i created a recovery flash under the acer care center application/software.  if i preform a system reset to factory settings will this restore the system to windows 10 original with no updates with the addition of the acer software and mcafee?

thanks 

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

yes and no. Smiley Happy

if your E5 has a recovery partition, the USB recovery media will have the original OS installation (as it was from day one).

if your E5 hasn't a recovery partition, the USB recovery media will include also microsoft major updates (version change).

on both cases, Acer software and McAfee will be available.

side note: uninstall McAfee and use windows integrated antivirus/firewall, McAfee has heavy impact on system performance.

use this tool to uninstall it:

http://us.mcafee.com/apps/supporttools/mcpr/mcpr.asp

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Answer ✓
    Options

yes and no. Smiley Happy

if your E5 has a recovery partition, the USB recovery media will have the original OS installation (as it was from day one).

if your E5 hasn't a recovery partition, the USB recovery media will include also microsoft major updates (version change).

on both cases, Acer software and McAfee will be available.

side note: uninstall McAfee and use windows integrated antivirus/firewall, McAfee has heavy impact on system performance.

use this tool to uninstall it:

http://us.mcafee.com/apps/supporttools/mcpr/mcpr.asp

• noofster
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback, i have only c:/ partition nothig else so i guess ur second point applies to me. Is the slow restart issue normal? Will the factory reset solve it?

Thanks in advance
  • IronFly
    Options

you need to check partitions under Disk management, normally recovery partition is hidden.

windows logo key + x

Disk management

if it slowed down after the update, no, it's not normal.

before doing a restore, try to uninstall McAfee and check if the overall system speed up.

• noofster
    Options

your right i found the partition, i am trying to uninstal mcafee using your link it didnt work so i will uninstall it normal via control pannel and update you