e5 573g fan not working at all?

Options
rianm55
rianm55 Member Posts: 1 New User

So recently while gaming I've been getting FPS stutters. The FPS will go from playable (130 on games like League of Legends or 50 while on h1z1) down to 20 and then back up, constantly going back and forth. I posted on some forums and someone mentioned that it may be due to my GPU over heating. I decided that this is probably correct because whenever I restart my laptop the games play just fine, but only for a game or two (then the GPU gets hot again).

So I tried downloading a program called Speedfan, recommended in a forum archived on here from 2014, and discovered that the program does not detect any fan present in my laptop. To my surprise, when I put my hand where the fan should be blowing hot air from, I did not feel anything. 

I have no idea why my fan is not working at all. Could this be drivers missing? Or is this a hardware issue?

I am grateful for any help anyone can provide for me. Thanks!

EDIT: BTW if it's of any use here are my specs:

Windows 10

Intel i5 5200u at 2.2

8 GB ram

Nvidia GeForce 940m with 2 GB ram

Answers

• benton582
    benton582 Member Posts: 213 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

I have tested the application "SpeedFan", and it is a useful utility, however, it cannot modify or use your fan, as it DOES NOT have a fan controller or is not connected to the system. Therefore, you have a fan, but you can't access it and controll it. For cooling, try elevating your laptop, as a surface can block the heat from escaping.