desktop screen flashing can't click on nothing

sutherantear
sutherantear Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

acer aspire e-15 es-511-c665 laptop no cd drive. 1st> I updated all my drivers from acer support. 2.> upgraded to windows 10 after install desktop kept flashing could not click or type anything. 3.> rebooted went into recovery blue screen try to restore back to out of the box state only option it gave me was to restore with windows 10 & my hidded partition was still in the computer if I wanted to install a driver device I can see it in there. 3.> tried to get it to boot into safe mode by using the cmd box window with in the recovery blue screen options. it would not go into safe mode. 5.> turned computer off for several hours than turned it on again it finally booted up to windows 10 everything looked good, no issues in device hardware & was able to go to disk management found all drives in there.

6.> then ran the updates for windows 10 & norton 360. well once again everytime it rebooted the screen went back to flashing again, windows explorer along with other acer programs kept crashing. 8.> I was able to find in settings to go back to windows. 8.1. 

I suspect the flashing desktop & freezing issues is from norton 360 & the UEFI bios program between the 2 its not allowing windows 10 to make any changes. what I would like to do is there a way I can find out which hidden partition has my acer recovery on so that I can put it on a usb and how to make that usb bootable with it or can I buy one from acer for my laptop?. just in case I can not get my windows 8.1 back. 

I like to give win 10 a try I'm thinking I may have to uninstall norton 360 & disable the UEFI or just uninstall norton 360 & leave the UEFI alone? here a screen shot of whats in my disk management after I went back to win 8.1. Untitled.jpg

Best Answer

• sutherantear

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

ps. i HAD TO GO INTO BIOS SELECT THE OPTION TO RESTORE TO DEFAULT SETTINGS & f10 TO SAVE. 

I WAS TRYING TO TRICK THE WINDOWS 10 SO IT WOULD ALLOW ME TO GET TO THE DESKTOP & BEABLE TO CLICK SOME PLACE WHICH IT WORKED I WAS ABLE TO GO BACK TO WIN 8.1 & EVERYTHING WORKS AGAIN AND ALL MY STUFF WAS BACK. 

I HAD WRITTEN DOWN ALL THE INFORMATION I SEEN WHEN I WAS IN THE ADMIN CMD WINDOW FAR AS DRIVE LETTERS & AMOUNTS AND WHERE IT SAID DEFAULT, RESUME OBJECT, DISPLAY ORDER & BOOT LOADER INFORMATION IF YOU NEED ANY OF THAT INFOMATION TO HELP YOU TO FIGURE OUT WHATS WHAT GOING ON.

I DO NOT HAVE ANYOTHER PROGRAMS INSTALLED OTHER THAN WHAT THE COMPUTER CAME WITH & THE NRTON 360. IT'S PRETTY PLANE. 

Answers

• sutherantear

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

ps. i HAD TO GO INTO BIOS SELECT THE OPTION TO RESTORE TO DEFAULT SETTINGS & f10 TO SAVE. 

I WAS TRYING TO TRICK THE WINDOWS 10 SO IT WOULD ALLOW ME TO GET TO THE DESKTOP & BEABLE TO CLICK SOME PLACE WHICH IT WORKED I WAS ABLE TO GO BACK TO WIN 8.1 & EVERYTHING WORKS AGAIN AND ALL MY STUFF WAS BACK. 

I HAD WRITTEN DOWN ALL THE INFORMATION I SEEN WHEN I WAS IN THE ADMIN CMD WINDOW FAR AS DRIVE LETTERS & AMOUNTS AND WHERE IT SAID DEFAULT, RESUME OBJECT, DISPLAY ORDER & BOOT LOADER INFORMATION IF YOU NEED ANY OF THAT INFOMATION TO HELP YOU TO FIGURE OUT WHATS WHAT GOING ON.

I DO NOT HAVE ANYOTHER PROGRAMS INSTALLED OTHER THAN WHAT THE COMPUTER CAME WITH & THE NRTON 360. IT'S PRETTY PLANE. 

• sutherantear

Tinkerer

guess no one knows why it did what it did.. lol