can't install the latest intel graphics driver, or use scale full screen to play 4:3 stretched

Options
xrolexx
xrolexx Member Posts: 55 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

I wan't to install the lastest intel graphics drivers, but i get some errors when i try to do it manually, or auto:

-manually:

#The driver being installed is not validated for this computer

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25541/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40-

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25313/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-3rd-Gen-BYT-

#Your computer does not meet the minimum requirement for installing the software

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25313/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-3rd-Gen-BYT-

-auto, with utility:

#it finds the newest driver, but doesnt let me install it:

Untitled.png

My problem is that I wanna play cs:go 4:3 stretched, but i dont have the option to overwrite from intel drivers, like before in w8.1:

Untitled1.png

Scale full-screen doesn't work, at least in cs:go dunno about the rest games...

Please help me:C

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

you need to uninstall the Acer/Intel drivers first, then install the Intel's.

uninstall Intel graphic drivers from windows program/features list if available and then go to Device manager, click on display adapters, right click on Intel adapter and choose to uninstall, tick also to uninstall software.

reboot

install the downloaded Intel drivers.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options

In the case of your Intel HD 4600 graphics driver, I would avoid the intel driver update utility as that driver is for 3rd gen.  You have 4th gen.  Somehow it's messed up.  I'm using the beta driver that I manually downloaded directly from intel's website for 4th gen HD4600 windows 10. 

• xrolexx
    Options

yeap i have 4th haswell

• JordanB
    Options

I just downloaded the exe beta driver from intel's website for my haswell 4th HD4600.  works fine.  But like ironfly said, you have uninstall/delete your current graohics driver first....then restart your computer. 

I disable my internet connection because windows update will try to download and install a different driver.

• xrolexx
    Options

it works, i successfully installed intel 20.xxxxxxxxxxxx driver

20.png

but scale full screen still doesn't work...

20151219_200903.jpg

Please help me fix scaling problem

• xrolexx
    Options

I just successfully installed the latest drivers, but still i cant play 4:3 stretched, in w8.1 i had an option called overwrite something... in intel graphics panel at display, but in w10 i dont have that option:C

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Edit: sorry wrong post.

• JordanB
    Options

I don't know.  Maybe Intel Driver update utility is correct.  keep trying to you get it to work.  I never tried that 3rd gen driver because it seemed like a bad idea...but who knows.  

• xrolexx
    Options

nop, the utility is not correct, anyway i fixed the problem with driver version, now i have the proper version (i did what ironfly said, worked for me, thanks ironfly), but still the scaling full-screen to play 4:3 stretched doesn't work

• JordanB
    Options

ok, good job.  I see you've posted over at the Intel graphics forum.  I'm looking forward to hearing what they (intel) say about the Intel driver update utility wanting to install the 3rd gen driver for 4th gen 4600.  

Thanks for pointing that out.

https://communities.intel.com/thread/96352

• xrolexx
    Options

yeap, me too, but i am more concerned about scaling, i dont like playing with black bars and neither wanna install shady programs, don't want to get vac for no reasonSmiley Happy

• JordanB
    Options

I think the link below is the issue that you're referring to.  If it is.......then I think Intel has said it's a Microsoft issue/bug.   But not completely sure if this the same issue that you're talking about it.

There's quite a few threads in the intel forum about it.  In some of the threads, Intel says they are investigating.

https://communities.intel.com/thread/77746?start=0&tstart=0

• xrolexx
    Options

this problem is since the w10 was released, it's weird that the problem still exists