boxes and other graphic missing from web pages

Options
Travelman
Travelman Member Posts: 6 New User

I have an Aspire E13 Tablet [ES3-311-C4Q6] which I have upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. In either vsersion [8.1 or10] I do not get boxes or other graphics displayed on web pages. For example, my favourite search engine is duckduckgo. Whilst I know where the box to input data is located on the screen, the box itself is not shown. Similarly with UK webpage www.mymail.co.uk - when I get to the page to enter a series of numbers printed in the newspaper, the spaces are there and I can actually enter the data - but there are no boxes. Is this an inherant problem with this tablet, or am I missing some software?

Also - the sticker on the tablet says it should have touch-screen - but it doesn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,783 Trailblazer
    Options

Are you sure it's not an ES1-311? I don't see any ES3 models when I search. The ES1-311 is a 13" laptop with Celeron processor (one of three speeds), up to 8GB of memory when fully populated. It doesn't have a touchscreen in any models that I can find. Perhaps the sticker was replaced in the store for some reason?

Try saving your theme (in case you want it back) and selecting one fo the standard themes instead. Likely the borders are just being displayed in the same color as the background.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Travelman
    Options

Dear Billsie,

Many thanks for your quick response. I have tried changing the theme but the problem still exists. It is not just boxes that are missing - in the duckduckgo search engine the image of the duck is also missing, regardless of whether I access it via Firefox or IE. [I use duckduckgo instead of google/chrome/et al, because they do not store data or carry loads of targetted adverts.

I don't have this problem on my desktop PC. Is it because the ACER is a Tablet and not a PC. Being a pensioner who only 'presses keys' with no knowledge of what goes on behind the screen, I thought I was buying a laptop, but ended up with this ACER [and yes, my apologies, it is an ES1]. I have never liked it and am on the cusp of dropping over a balcony onto a stone floor!

Incidently, when I access the front page of the mymail site, I get all the graphics displayed. It is only where I have to fill in data that the problem seems to exist. Maybe it is time to get a proper Laptop!

Kind regards

• Travelman
    Options

Dear Billsey,

My apologies for spelling your name wrong on the last porting. It's been a long Sunday. Rgds

• benton582
    benton582 Member Posts: 213 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

Please provide your computer's model, as the Staff helper cannot find your model, and found it without a touchscreen. 

To find this info:

1. Press Windows+Q

2. Type in "Acer System Information" and run it.

3. Press the "Detect System Information Button"

4. And copy and paste your information here.

(Bump due to no reply.)

• Travelman
    Options

Dear Benton 582 and all,

Many thanks for your willingness to help me. I am running this thread using my Win 7 PC as I am not comfortable with the Acer. The model is Aspire ES1-311-X4Q6. The system info is as follows:

OS Name                        Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version                        10,0.10586 Build 10586

Other OS Description           Not Available

OS Manufacturer                Microsoft Corporation

System Name                    [removed for security]

System Manufacturer            Acer

System Model A                 spire ES1-311

System Type                    x64-based PC

System SKU                     EA3O_BM_083D_1.07

Processor                      Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU N2840 @ 2.l6GHz,

2159 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Pr...

BIOS Version/Date              Insyde Corp. V1.07, 13/08/2014

SMBIOS Version                 2.7

Embedded Controller Version    1.06

B1OS Mode                      UEFI

BaseBoard Manufacturer         Acer

BaseBoard Model                Not Available

BaseBoard Name                 Base Board

Platform Role                  Mobile

Secure Boot State              On

PCR7 Configuration             Binding Not Possible

Wmdows Directory               C\W1NDOWS

System Diectory                C\W1NDOWS\system32

Boot Device                    \Device\HarddiskVolume2

Locale                         United Kingdom

Hardware Abstraction Layer     Version = “10.0.10586.0”

Username                       [removed for security]

Time Zone                      GMT Standard Time

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 3.88 GB

Total Physical Memory          3.88 GB

Available Physical Memory      1.55 GB

Total Virtual Memory           4.57 GB

Available Virtual Memory       2.41 GB

Page File Space                704 MB

Page File                      C:\pagefile.sys

Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode E... Yes

Hyper-V - Second Level Addres..Yes

Hyper-V - Virtualisation Enable.Yes

Hyper-V - Data Execution Prote..Yes

Since creating this thread someone from Acer has emailed to suggest the issue might be with the corrupted wireless driver and provided a link to reintall the it. I have to confess that, as a non-techie pensioner, all this is getting beyond me. I am thinking of ditching the Acer and getting a different make of laptop - one which is pensioner-proof!

Regards

• Travelman
    Options

Dear All,

A solution has been found! Following on from a phone call with Acer their PTS team took over my Tablet and managed to tweak 'this and that' and solved the problem. I don't know the problem was [I am too old to take it all in] and it cost me GBP40, but it now works.

Many thanks for your help and suggestions, but I now wish to close this thread.

Best regards to all.