aspire e15 es1 512 tochpad doesent work

Options
guypredd
guypredd Member Posts: 12 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

well this is an 2 yeras old laptop. allways worked fine. win 8.1pro
last month the touchpad stopped to work. so i went to the device manager and the ps/2 mouse is kinda removed..so i downloaded the right drivers and the problem was fixed. but 1 week after, the problem is back and im still dont have a working touchpad so im using a usb mouse.
i already updated the windows with some updates and downloaded the drivers..but now its not working at all.

what should i do?
Acer aspire es1-512
Win 8.1 Pro

Best Answer

• guypredd
    Answer ✓
    Options

hi
    just want to annouce that i solved the problem.
    after downloading like 10 drivers that should be match my model (which is es1-512) i downloaded touchpad driver which supposed to work on es1-511 model. and it working fine.
    thanks for helping

Answers

• Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

What does your device manager show for input devices? Turn it off by pressing Fnc F7 by accident?  Does you USB mouse have feature enabled to disable touchpad when plugged in/detected?

• guypredd
    Options

my device manager shows only my usb device. he usually showed me the original touchpad of the laptop (ps/2) but no longer.
    i didnt pressed accidently fn+f7..and ive got a microsoft usb device which worked fine last month with the touchpad.

• Trukntigger
    Options

I would check and see if the ribbon connector for the touchpad inside is loose or not fully plugged in. You say it does not appear on device manager so this would be next check.  After that the assumption would be defected touchpad or connecting ribbon or lasty defect on motherboard itself. So open it up if you are confident of yourself to do so, ribbon should be near front edge and not very wide, keyboard ribbon is the wide one. Either loose at motherboard end or the touchpad pcb board itself. Go from there.

• guypredd
    Options

ok i already upgraded the hdd to ssd and my 4gb stick of ram to 8. so ive got some expirience. so you think that if i aint got my ps/2 in my device manager the problem is in the connections and not in softwere? (drivers) 

• guypredd
    Options

well i just did what you told me to do. which is disassembly my laptop and reconnect my mouse and keyboard connection. it didnt work. still, my device manger doesent shows any of touchpad .

• guypredd
    Answer ✓
    Options

hi
    just want to annouce that i solved the problem.
    after downloading like 10 drivers that should be match my model (which is es1-512) i downloaded touchpad driver which supposed to work on es1-511 model. and it working fine.
    thanks for helping

• Trukntigger
    Options

Glad you got it working.

• Ace20
    Ace20 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Could u link me the Driver please

• CJSpiritMedium
    CJSpiritMedium Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    There is a specific program you can download that works on the 512, that I downloaded for my machine, and I've had NO PROBLEMS since it was installed......it might also help you if you can download a system cleaner program for a faster, quicker more efficient working speed on your system, it clears out ALL the junk files, malware files, Trojan horses, and viruses.....once they are all gone, YOU CAN WORK FASTER.....QUICKER & EASIER.... TRY THESE FOR STARTERS: Malwarebytes Premium Privacy Cleaner CCleaner
  • CJSpiritMedium
    CJSpiritMedium Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    To download the touchpad program, from the ACER website, for the E15 ES1 512 Laptop, goto this website page....scroll down under the DRIVERS section, and select Touchpad, or click on this link. https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/5611?b=1&pn=NX.MRWEK.006