aspire e11 touchpad problems

Options
iconibear
iconibear Member Posts: 9 New User

I bought a pair of E3-112-C10V laptops for my partner and myself, her touchpad is intermittent and so I will check if the bios change suggested elsewhere helps her situaation.  

On my laptop the touchpad has disappeared, it is no longer listed in settings or in the Human Interface list, when I toggle the F7 function key I get the enable/disable  icons appearing but the actual touchpad is non-functional, while I am aware that an external usb or bluetooth mouse can be used as an alternative it rather stops it being the self contained portable pc that I wanted. 

Any help would be appreciated

Best Answer

• iconibear
    Answer ✓
    Options

I downloaded the touchpad driver (Synaptics Touchpad_18.1.2.1) from the Acer support site, installed it and there was no change, on another touchpad discussion in this forum, I discovered that there was a bios update (1.08) which was said to cure the problem, this was downloaded and installed quite easily but did not enable my touchpad.

Finally, rebooted the PC once more but pressed the "F2" key until the Bios page appeared, found the page with the touchpad listed on it, changed the function to "basic" rebooted saving settings.

When the system had completed the power up process I was very happy to have a working touchpad.

For now it appears to be woking just fine.

Answers

• iconibear
    Answer ✓
    Options

I downloaded the touchpad driver (Synaptics Touchpad_18.1.2.1) from the Acer support site, installed it and there was no change, on another touchpad discussion in this forum, I discovered that there was a bios update (1.08) which was said to cure the problem, this was downloaded and installed quite easily but did not enable my touchpad.

Finally, rebooted the PC once more but pressed the "F2" key until the Bios page appeared, found the page with the touchpad listed on it, changed the function to "basic" rebooted saving settings.

When the system had completed the power up process I was very happy to have a working touchpad.

For now it appears to be woking just fine.