aspire 5552-3557. after installing windows 10 from windows 7

Options
john45
john45 Member Posts: 3 New User

On startup i get the message from WINDOWS\System32\atibtmon.exe.  requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusal way. I see I have numerious versions of Microsoft Visual C++.  could this have anything to do with the problem.  Any suggestions on how to fix this? thanks.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx

Don't uncheck Catalyst Control center.

If you still have the problem 

Open Catalyst Control Center, go to "Power" on the left hand side and then "CPU Power" and you should now be able to see the Vari-bright option that was not appearing before. Just uncheck it and you're all set!

• john45
    Options

Interesting. I have two machines one without the problem on which I found the Catalyst control center. The problem machine I get to The AMD page but it does not show the tab for the Control Center.  I have looked around and find I do have the latest Drivers. Thanks for sending a solution which I expect works for newer machines.  Have you any other ideas.

• philetus
    Options

If you go to Control Panel/ Programs and Features and start a uninstall on your Catalyst driver, it will ask you if you want to Change, repair, or uninstall and you might have the option to add the Control Center. If it doesn't, just cancel.

If you extract the files of the driver, there is a manual install of the control center.

• john45
    Options

I finally found where the Control  panel is hidden and went to the ATi and tried to uninstal.  As you said it offers a repair or delete.there was no add control center.  Can you please give me more guidence on how to load it manually. Thanks.

• philetus
    Options

How about the Vision Engine Control Center?