aop framework crash

Options
whatrymes
whatrymes Member Posts: 19 New User

Seems every couple of days I get this error. I don't notice any performance problems. Is this important? Is there a solution?

Thank you.

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

whatrymes,

The only two things I can think that would correct this would be a roll back to before when it started or a factory restore using the Acer recovery management software. If the computer is working properly then it should not be a problem, but more annoying than anything. When do you see this error? Is it only when you open a certain software/browser or when you are browsing?

• LustFall
    LustFall Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

i am experiencing same problem. It happens regardless to whether im browsing or just signed in to desktop followed by ab photo crashing. im debating on un-installing

• whatrymes
    whatrymes Member Posts: 19 New User
    Options

It began first day I used the computer. It happens anytime, seems to be frequent after the computer was asleep.

• kaityford
    kaityford Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

WOW. I have the same laptop as you whatrymes and also having the same issue. For me, it only pops up when I am in Google Chrome, but I do notice it happens frequently after the computer has gone to sleep. I havent done anything major to the system since I got it so I dont know why this would be happening. 

• kaityford
    Options

@Acer-Ryan I dont think messages about a system crashing should be showing up if there is not a problem. It is obviously showing for a reason and I hope that you can determine a better explanation.

• Ryanrr
    Options

All,

I apologize for the late followup after all of your responses. I received some feedback from our Acer Cloud team. The AOP Framework is apart of our Acer Build Your Own Cloud (BYOC) software and applications. I have been asked for customers that are receiving these errors/crashes to please use the "Send feedback" button located in the Acer portal application or any of the individual apps.

This feedback will provide our Cloud team with the necessary information to help resolve this. Thank you for your feedback and help.

• kaityford
    Options

Thank you for the detailed follow-up! Can you please tell me where to find this Acer Portal Application, I am not sure what you are referring to. 

• kaityford
    Options

Also, is it something to be concerned about? I mean will it harm anything or create problems?

• Ryanrr
    Options

kaityford,

This is in no way harmful to your computer. The AOP framework is just crashing or not responding for some reason. Now to send feedback, you can open any of your ab apps; abphoto, abfiles, abdocs, etc. Another is Acer Portal. These can be found if you open your Search charm and search for one of the applications I listed.

Here are some steps to use the Send Feedback option:

AB apps:

1. Open abPhoto, abMedia, or abDocs
    2. Select Help > About > Send Feedback.
    3. Type in your question and check Share system data and log then click Notify me via Email.
    4. Click Submit to send your information to us.

Acer Portal:

1. Launch Acer Portal image.
    2. Right-click the Acer Portal icon in the system tray.
    3. Click Send Feedback.
    4. Type in your question and check Share system data and log then click Notify me via Email.
    5. Click Submit to send your information to the Acer BYOC apps team.
  • kaityford
    Options

Okay, thank you, I see it now. Can I sign into Acer Portal with the same sign-in i created for this website?

• Ryanrr
    Options

The login information from the Forum is not going to work. You sign in using your Acer ID. Please read this article and click the link to create your own Acer ID if you have not.

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/31985

• sathya0403
    Options

Hi Ryan,

FYKI, AOP Framework can be uninstalled from Control panel & will not interupt any BOYC Features & all the apps will work normal, AOP Fram work was used with earlier Acer Cloud & is not requried to be used with the latest BYOC apps,. The same has been tested by me on my PC & with many other computers with the same issue,.

• martii
    martii Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Tried to launch Acer Portal.  And the circle spins and spins saying Waiting.  Have tried several times and same result.  This needs to be fixed before I can provide Feedback.

Thanks,

Marti

• Honeybee
    Honeybee Member Posts: 50 Troubleshooter
    Options

Hi martii:

I suggest you try steps below to fix the [aop framework crash] issue:

1. Go to [Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features] and uninstall [Acer Portal] and [AOP Framework].

2. Please download and install [Acer Portal] on Windows PC from Acer BYOC Apps website.

3. Make sure both [Acer Portal] and [AOP Framework] are in [Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features], then launch [Acer Portal] shortcut on the desktop to use.

Hope it helps

• martii
    martii Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I uninstalled AOP Framework as was suggested in another post.  Is this a problems?  Should I follow instructions to re-install the Acer Portal?

Thanks,

Marti

• Honeybee
    Options

Hi Marti,

When using Acer Portal, AOP Framework will be used. Acer Portal and AOP Framework are related. If you would like to use Acer Portal, please make sure the Acer Portal and AOP Framework are uninstalled from Control Panel, then reinstall the Acer Portal (Acer Portal and AOP Framework will be installed.) You can start to use Acer Portal after installing successfully.

If you still have questions, please send feedback to contact the Acer BYOC Apps support team.

Hope it helps.

• stephanie0217
    stephanie0217 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I just bought my laptop and have been having the same error I tried to login to the  apportal and it just sits there saying waiting and will not let me do anything

• Honeybee
    Options

Hi stephanie0217:

As we provided before, suggest you try steps below :

1. Go to [Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features] and uninstall [Acer Portal] and [AOP Framework].

2. Please download and install [Acer Portal] on Windows PC from Acer BYOC Apps website.

3. Make sure both [Acer Portal] and [AOP Framework] are in [Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features], then launch [Acer Portal] shortcut on the desktop to use.

Hope it helps.

• Stockcreep2
    Stockcreep2 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hello -

While I'd (presumably-?) be glad to send ACER such useful information, as would (likely) many others on this topic, I did come to the curious point to ask...

Didn't this topic of discussion arise, because so many owners of ACER computers (ie. myself) have been having problems with this "AOP Framework Crash" stuff?

It seems to me that we are asking ACER the question; question not being how we can provide ACER add'l knowledge and information. So I guess I'd like to ask the next quesion: Do you - ACER - answer questions,... so that we, the owners, don't keep facing these same problems,... or do you just respond with further questions, so that our information can help ACER build itself a bigger, better net-worth, and jack up prices for the "better" computers, which we end up helping them make (but likely get no discounts/rebates on)?

My "rock-bottom" point, here, is that we're seeking answers, in hopes of saving time; not ways to spend time.

(Sorry if I sound rude and abrupt; but such points are hard to make, without such effect. Thanks.)

• tinalee
    tinalee Member Posts: 38 Troubleshooter
    Options

Hi Stockcreep2,

Thanks for your comment.

We appreciated all users' feedback to help to improve our proudcts and we'll keep improving our apps.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

Thank you.