after the latest windows 10 update. my laptop crashed and i have had no luck resetting it to factory

kyle95200
kyle95200 Member Posts: 5 New User

i have tried to no avail resetting it. it keeps failing. i have tried to re-install windows 10 and windows 7. i keep getting a blue screen of death. nothing works. my system is an Acer E5- 573G- 52G3, i5 processor, 4gb DDR3 ram, 1TB hdd 2GB dedicated gpu Nvidia 940n.... can anyone help me get an OS loaded i have tried everything.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

It sounds like your HDD may have died. Will it boot at all from a CD or usb?

• kyle95200

Using the alt+ F10 recovery options. I am able to install windows via usb. but it never works. And when I try to repair windows there is an error. I am not sure if the 1.25 bios has anything to do with it. Because I tried loading windows 10. It did not work. I tried repairing it  ut no luck either. I am now trying windows 7 but no luck and when I try to boot from the usb it says no bootable device found. No matter how I try to load or install it via usb. I do not have a cd drive. 

• philetus

Have you tried F-12 at boot for the F12 boot menu? 

• kyle95200

Yes I have. I have tried switching to UEFI and legacy. But the F12 menu no longer shows up. I tried removing the bios battery and resetting it. But still no luck. This is the first time I have owned an Acer and the first time I have ever experienced anything like this. I need help because this laptop is fairly new

• philetus

If you have had it less than a year, it's still under warranty.

How were you able to install Windows from usb with Alt+F-10. It asked if you had a backup on a usb?

• kyle95200

Yes. so I used the opportunity to install windows because repairing it got me nowhere it would keep sayin an error hadooccurred. And I was not gettin the F12 boot menu. And sadly my warranty is up. I need a fix. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated

• philetus

If it is still set to legacy, hold F2 down and start it. 

• kyle95200

No bootable device found. Even with my bootable usb im it says that