acer recovery management not working in windows 8.1

Options
garykaren
garykaren Member Posts: 5 New User

i just brought a acer aspire e15 es-551-t1mk which seams to be working ok but the only issue i have got is i cant make any recovery disks , as soon as i open the acer recovery management in windows i get a pop up thats says allow or not ,i click yes to allow and the mouse will circle a couple of times and then nothing any one any idea as i emailed acer and there responded " because i brought the laptop from pc world then take it up with them" ,thanks acer

if i restart the laptop and hold the shift key or alt f10 the laptop ask if i want to restore the sofeware etc so the restore bit seams to be working and also nothing has been installed yet as i thought i would makes the disks first

help help help ran out of ideas

Best Answer

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-usb-recovery-drive

follow link instructions, it will help you create USB or DVD media recovery as the Acer erecovery software would do (the Acer software is just a shortcut to the windows default recovery media creation)

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • garykaren
    Options

hi many thanks for the reply but thats the bit that wont work

• garykaren
    Options

not sure if this may help but the recovery partition seams to be there its just the recovery media creation that wont open/run

reco.jpg

• IronFly
    Options

Can you please make a screenshot of HDD partitions on Disk management?

windows key logo + x

click on disk management

click on your HDD icon on the left and then take the screenshot and post it here.

• garykaren
    Options
  • IronFly
    Options

Everything seems good.

if you try to use the Windows instructions (my link in the post above), did you get any error?

• garykaren
    Options

no nothing apart from i found about 20 crash report for the recovery program

update solved

restarted laptop and did a alf + f10 and did a full system restore using the recovery program seams it works ok on boot up but not in windows

after full restore, recovery program works fine now in windows and i have been able to make my recovery stick ,only different is i have not done any windows updates yet

my guess is must have been something to do with windows update. im going to install all windows updates and i will see if it still works after thats

• IronFly
    Answer ✓
    Options

ok, good to hear it. Smiley Happy