acer e5 511 multitouch not working after bio update

adices
adices Member Posts: 2 New User

So I've decided to update my BIOS on my laptop Acer E5 511 and afer that my touchpad lost the abilitiy to work on mutlitouch gestures. 

I can't scroll ,zoom or do the right click by presing with two fingers at the same time.

I've tried isntaling the touchpad drivers from the official site, restarted my laptop a few times after but nothing helps.

If anyone had the same problem and found the solution please share, I've gotten to used to the multitouch features that now I feel diseabled everytime I use the touchpad just for movin the cousor.

Best Answer

• adices
    Answer ✓

Found the soltion withim minutes after posting this.

You have to go to your BIOS or UEFI settings py pressing and holding te F2 button while the laptop is powering on.

There you find touchpad and select "Advanced mode", then just save the changes and after the laptop restarts the multitouch features will be back.

Answers

• adices
    Answer ✓

Found the soltion withim minutes after posting this.

You have to go to your BIOS or UEFI settings py pressing and holding te F2 button while the laptop is powering on.

There you find touchpad and select "Advanced mode", then just save the changes and after the laptop restarts the multitouch features will be back.