acer aspire e17 bios advance options where is it how do I unlock it

Options
samsstuff
samsstuff Member Posts: 3 New User

Howdy all

Just bought myself the aspire e17 and I use linux and program for android and am using android studio which reqquires me to use VT enabled for their emulator.

So I did a kvm-ok and lo and behold it is not enabled in the bios, so no problem, I went into the bios and NO ADVANCED OPTIONS WHATSOEVER.

First question is why?

I guess for the less advanced it make sense but for us who need that option there should be a choice to enable it so we can use it and for anyone needing to use a VM this would not work without it.

So the big qustion here is how the heck do I unhide this thing so I see the advance options menu in the bios.

Even if there is a hex code that needs to be enabled (1) which one is it?

I can use ghex to that if neccessary, but I absolutly need his for my work and this is the first bios I seen without an advance option for the VT to enble it.

So this slows me down now in my work because of this.

I have to get this enabled.

Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance and please remember I don't use windows at all, it lasted about 8 hours before I almost went nuts with the tons of shortcuts on the shell and normal user interface wasn't much better either, I use linux.

I just need to enable the hidden pages in the bios that option should be there.

Sam

Best Answer

• samsstuff
    Answer ✓
    Options

lol as usual when it comes to linux no response from support teams unless there away for the weekend.

anyhow I seen there was an upgraded bios ZQN_107 so I installed that and upgraded the bios through freeDOS (linux only here) and there is still no advance or power options (still hidden) but at least it looks like you have the VT on by default so I can use the KVM for android studio so I guess I can mark this as SOLVED now.

Just thought I would update this for others that need to use VT and/or KVM

I still would like the advance and power options to be UNHIDDEN if possible.

Sam

Answers

• samsstuff
    Options

Just thought I would add its a aspire e17 and E5-721-80EE Just to be exact.

I can use ghex if needed and switch the correct hex to 1 to turn it on as long as I know which one it is in this model.

Just don't want o start guessing at it and putting a 1 in the wrong place and bricking it, I need this, but I also need the VT to be enabled.

Thanks again for anyone who can let me know.

Sam

• samsstuff
    Answer ✓
    Options

lol as usual when it comes to linux no response from support teams unless there away for the weekend.

anyhow I seen there was an upgraded bios ZQN_107 so I installed that and upgraded the bios through freeDOS (linux only here) and there is still no advance or power options (still hidden) but at least it looks like you have the VT on by default so I can use the KVM for android studio so I guess I can mark this as SOLVED now.

Just thought I would update this for others that need to use VT and/or KVM

I still would like the advance and power options to be UNHIDDEN if possible.

Sam