Windows 8 restore on Aspire E17 after upgrading to Windows 10 and deleting windows.old file

Options
wambajamba
wambajamba Member Posts: 2 New User

I purchased the Aspire E 17 (SN NXMS2AA004********) and it came with Windows 8.1 and a free upgrade to Windows 10. I decided to do the upgrade right away before I had too much 'stuff' on it. When i did the upgrade I chose NOT to save the windows.old file (mistake) so now I am unable to restore back from 10 to 8.1.

I do not like windows 10, its slow and too many updates, its driving me crazy. I want to go back to 8.1 that was origianly installed.

does Acer have a provision to send a restore Disk in the mail to me? are there any other options for me to get Windows 8 back?

thank you in advance for any help. I have tried the restore, the advanced recovery options, and everything else I could find on You tuube or the Acer channel. I think my big probem was not keeping that .old file. Also there is no Acer recovery App on this pc..

chuck

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]

Best Answer

Answers