Windows 7 drivers for Acer Aspire E5-574

Options
jwhopper
jwhopper Member Posts: 2 New User

Hey everyone,

Brand new to the forum and look forward to learning a lot here. I got an Acer E5-574 last summer and decided to install Win7 Pro 64-bit and cannot for the life of me find any drivers for that OS. Only ones on Acer's site is for Win10 Pro. I contacted Acer's support and was told that they don't offer drivers for Win7 and that I needed to contact Microsoft, who, told me to contact Acer to get the drivers. Basically just did a clean install of Win7 and so I literally have the bare minimum able to be used. I can type but that's pretty much it lol. Any ideas on where to get drivers for Win7 for this model? Please let me know what other info I need to post. Thank you for any help!

Answers

• micro065
    micro065 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I have a Acer Aspire E5-574-58JM. I have Windows 7 running petty good. You have to figure out what your hardware is exactly and search the internet for compatible drivers. Trust me a lot of trial and error. I will say it was not easy. The one I am still having a problem with is the Bluetooth side of the Bluetooth WIFI card. All else is working well. None of these Laptops come with the same exact hardware so a driver from mine may not work for yours. I hope this helps you on the right track. Good luck! 

• jwhopper
    jwhopper Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanks for the response! That definitely helps. I decided to load Windows 10 Home on it again and ended up just getting a new laptop instead of messing with the Acer. I'd had several other issues that made me regret getting it. (wouldn't accept a SSD and the touchpad stopped working after just a few months) I love Acer's monitors and I have a 2-in1 tablet/laptop of theirs as well and haven't had any issues. Maybe I just got a lemon. Thanks for the help!