Windows 10 laptop problem, plse help

Options
Barbara1
Barbara1 Member Posts: 4 New User

I have an Acer Aspire E17 i3 8g 1terrabyt laptop  only had it a few months and usually everyday, just scan it for malware and updates that are due.. just occastionally gone to a few shopping websites...  2 days ago it went so weird... my toolbar at the bottom has disappeared, I cannot get windows to open at all...the windows icon when I go to open it, it has turned into a red colour... I go to display setting but it comes up with error code:

Settings display. this program does not have a file association with it for performing this action, please install a program or if one is already installed, create am association in the default programs control panel...

Now I have no idea what that means, and I cannot even open a website page on it, ie: Edge or Mozilla..... I am writing this from my desktop computer !! I cannot shut the laptop down...I cannot open anything on it.. I am so worried..please help me.  Thank you

Barbara

Answers

• Barbara1
    Barbara1 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Hi,   Just to let you know I am all sorted..

I 'phone Acer support, and all is well... they talked me through by holding down the alt key and keep tapping f10 bought things back...thank goodness.   Phew !!!!!! I was worried..   they said it was most probably caused by an update..

Maybe this info will help someone.Smiley Very Happy

Spoiler

Happy New Year everyone.

Hugsss

Barbara x