Windows 10 Threshold 2 & Drivers for e5-572g issues

Options
Snapze
Snapze Member Posts: 8 New User

I'm kinda starting to hate the fact that I bought an Acer laptop cause the support for their laptops is very bad and doesn't make sense. Although my laptop is working quite fine I really hate the fact that I have to do all of the testing of newer drivers and wasting time cause I want to make my laptop always in top shape instead of Acer doing it. The driver page for win 10 for my laptop is almost non-existant and is old with no updates and some missing drivers (like the intel Ahci controller, broadcom wifi, etc...) My laptop doesn't even officialy support win 10 threshold 2 on Acer's support page for godsake! What are you doing Acer? (TH2 works fine but is not officialy supported and I can't even install some of the acer drivers)... So for the love of god Acer, get your head out of the gutter update your **bleep** drivers ( and not just optimize a 3 months old generic driver, but these new ones like all the other laptop companies) and update my **bleep** Vbios and bios, this laptop really needs a performance update.

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Options

Hi Snapze,

We did not provide a threadhold 2 support list for Windows 10. If your unit is supported in the upgrade to 10, or obviously if it ships with Win10, the drivers we provide are the qualified drivers for the system. This mainly ensures that the drivers Windows does not automically install provide us with what should be a safe starting point. Unfortunately, historically we do not go back and update drivers for the sake of updating them. If we encounter an issue or if new technology requires it, those are provided.

Cory