Widnows Updates not working

Options
kithra
kithra Member Posts: 9 New User
My Acer is having real trouble with Windows Updates. They download, then some of them install and I have to restart. BUT then it tells me most of them have failed, and now I have 56 updates that I'm told need downloading and installing. When I do the update/install I don't do anything else as the laptop is just so slow at the best of times. Does anyone know what the problem might be and how to overcome it? Should I swap from Wi-Fi to an Ethernet cable? FYI: My Acer laptop, (not a touch screen), specs are: Aspire V5-123-12104060nkk, Model ZHL Windows 8.1 - AMD E - Series (E1 - 2100, 1 GHz, 1 MB) - 29.5 cm (11.6") LED - 16:9 HD - Active Matrix TFT Colour LCD - ComfyView - AMD Radeon HD 8210 - 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM - 500 GB Serial ATA. It's a 64-bit. Thanks for any help and suggetions.

Best Answer

• kithra
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Many thanks for the link. I've made a note of it for the next time I use my laptop. Normally I just use this desktop as the laptop is really just a stand-by in case this one crashes beyond repair.

Answers

• sathya0403
    Options
    Hi,
    use this tool (from Microsoft, Windows Update Troubleshooter), that should help you,. http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9830262
  • kithra
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Many thanks for the link. I've made a note of it for the next time I use my laptop. Normally I just use this desktop as the laptop is really just a stand-by in case this one crashes beyond repair.