What has happened with Quality with an Acer Product?

Options
crgrab
crgrab Member Posts: 2 New User

My son purchased an Acer Aspire E1 in the Spring of 2014, the Hard Drive failed within 8 months. No problem, the warranty took care of it. I now have had the Hard Drive replaced again within the 7 months of the factory replaced one. Acer's tech support lured me in to purchasing their Recovery Thumb Drive, saying it would solve the problem. To find out that when trying to boot up, a message displays L:/MAPP is missing. Took it to a Reputable Computer Repair Center, they replaced the Hard Drive. When you try to contact Acer about their product failing, then having it Factory replaced, only to fail again, you get some 3rd party,from a foreign land, who also wants money to talk to you. I want someone from ACER to refund some or all the cost of replacing their Hard Drive, which should of came with a warranty,since they replaced it, and the refund of the Recovery Thumb Drive, that wasn't needed to fix Acers problematic Hard Drive. My son uses the Acer's laptop for every day normal use. No gaming downloads, no 100,000 picture down loads, just to be used for collegic activities. I have a Dell Inspiron that has lasted me 4 years and counting. Well Acer, are you going to help a DAD out of possible Acer production quality failure?? 

Answers

• crgrab
    crgrab Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

We have become a disposal society, no need for Manufactures to produce products in the same sense.