Warranty Complaint snid 63601252035 conf#4791171U

Options
regalsin
regalsin Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

sent in a 7 mo. old laptop for repair to the acer mississauga repair centre and they told me that they found, of all things oil inside the unit!  i was stunned to hear this, as i did not spill anything into the unit.  the two options they gave me after informing me that the unit could not be repaired, were to have the unit shipped back to me or have it replaced at a cost.  when i called i found out that this "cost" amounted to be more than what i paid for it on dec.30/16, which was $450.  the unit was shipped back to me. when i opened the box and inspected the unit, i did notice some kind of oil present.  also i noticed that unlike the instructions to me concerning shipping, the box which they used had only a cardboard insert inside, and no bubble wrap or really anything to protect the laptop.  made a couple more calls to try and get some fair resolution to this to no avail, and when i asked the agent to provide me a corporate address to file a complaint, she said that she would email this to me, but no email was ever sent.  i've purchased several acer products in the past and never encountered any issues, but the first issue (unit stopped working and hard drive making clicking noise) i encountered resulted in this nightmare, where basically i have paid $450 and gotten 7 months worth of usage from a laptop.  needless to say, after this experience, i will never even contemplate purchasing another acer product, and dissuade anyone i know from doing likewise.  interested to find out if anyone else has had a bad experience with acer concerning warranty issues such as this.  any ideas would be appreciated................thanks!

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    Options

We are sorry this happened to your unit.

Have you try to send your concerns to the Acer support in your region?

We suggest you contact them about your concerns.

Unfortunately this issue cannot be resolved via social media. We understand your frustration, but you will need to call tech support for help with this issue.

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.