WIN 10 Acer Aspire E 15 auto darkening display on dark sites/images

Options
xshishuu
xshishuu Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi,

I have problem with auto darkening my display while I am on dark sites on internet, or when I am browsing dark photos/images. This is really annoying and I don't know what I have have to do to stop it.
I have Windows 10

EDIT: I forgot to mention, that this is doing only when I an on battery, plugged everything is okay.
What I did:

- "Power Options" / "Edit Plan Settings") > Change Advanced Power Settings > Display > Enable Adaptive Brightness

I turn it off in all power options, not helping at all

- I tried to do it with Intel HD Graphics or Nvidia , but I don't have any option to turn it off

- I tried to update drivers on Intel and Nvidia - with Intel it works. But I turn off my laptop and it is back.

Anybody can help me? :c Please, I'm in fix!

Answers

• MattmanCDN
    MattmanCDN Member Posts: 108

Tinkerer

Options

Greetings xshishuu

Sounds like it might be windows services problem/setting/conflict

Right click computer and choose manage

In the window that opens choose services and Adaptive/Services

In the new window click on adaptive services and brightness and disable it and stop the service

Ok your way out and see if that works !

On the NVIDIA side WIN+R>Services msc>stop and diable NVIDIA stereoscopic 3D driver service and NVIDIA streamer service you may be good at this point .....but some others have encountered needing to uninstall POWER4GEARHYBRID and reboot afterwards.forgot to mention this last thing was from a diff vendor site and most likely you dont have it thought it was a nvidia utility .

Hope this helps

Matt

• xshishuu
    Options

Now problem is even if computer is plugged...

Hi Matt,

First thing was turned off.

But i can't find this second option, with nvidia. I might not understant it very well (I have not have english-menu computer). Could you explaind step-by-step how i should find it? It will be easier for me.

EDIT: there was an update to win 10, so now it looks like the problem is partially solved by itself, now the darkening is only on battery. Again.

• MattmanCDN

Tinkerer

Options

If you had services open for the first nvidia part it should be in a list i dont have a nvidia based machine here right now gonna do some searching .nvidia-streamer-service2.png

• xshishuu
    Options

I see where I have a problem - I have only Nvidia Display Driver Service and Network Service.

• MattmanCDN

Tinkerer

Options

That pic is from the web  and may be from a desktop if you dont see the service then its not your problem and I will still ask around about it .A very odd issue and your not the only one wanting it gone  .