USB Peripherics unknow - Aspire E1-510P

Options
quimond
quimond Member Posts: 12 New User

Hello,

I write to you in desperation. For some time, I have three unrecognized devices (since an update of Windowsupdate if I'm not mistaken) and when I see the device status I have this: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43).

I have a laptop Aspire E1-510P. 3 device errors are in my opinion: The HD Cam, the "touchscreen" and reading of 3 USB ports on the notebook (if I want to charge a device from those above it works, if I want to read data, eg : my cell phone or a USB stick is no detection).

I browsed the forums, I tried to reinstall the drivers on the manufacturer's website. I also attempted repair by Windows Update and Windows problem-solving utility. I tried the trick to remove the battery and press the power button 1 min. I tried to reinstall Windows 10. Then the Windows 8.1 version of plant. In short I did everything that the forums indicated as a solution. Ultimately, no solution has made my walk again 3 integrated device.

Before mid-February, everything has always run and threw very happy with my computer. Even under Windows 10, everything has run for several months ... and bang overnight troubles begin.

What I have not done? Where is the problem ? I can not see any solutions slopes! Thank you for helping me see more clearly.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Windows logo key + x
    click on Device manager

if Yellow exclamation mark is present
    double click on it
    choose "Details" tab
    from dropdown menu, select HardwareIDs
    click on the first value and copy/paste it here

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • quimond
    Options

Hi

Im a french canadian on a french machine so Im not sure of the translation but I think is the "numero d'indentification du materiel" witch can be translate as identification number of material (harware IDs ? )

If that is what i think the 3 "!" under the "xxxxxxxxx BUS USB" telling "USB\DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR_FAILURE"

Can you understand me ?? lol

Thanks for the support

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options
  • MattmanCDN
    MattmanCDN Member Posts: 108

Tinkerer

Options
  • quimond
    Options

usb.pngthanks

Not resolve, but It show me that i take to good HARDWARE ID. Unfornately, description failure...

• IronFly
    Options
  • quimond
    Options

Im already under BIOS 2.14...

And yess I tried to uninstall them, reboot, and lets them reinstall,.... I also reinstall all computer under windows 10, and do it again on windows 8.1,......

• MattmanCDN

Tinkerer

Options

Microsoft had a problem with redmond  and may be theproblem here I copied this from the web

According to Redmond on Tuesday, "when the November update was installed, a few settings preferences may have inadvertently not been retained for advertising ID, Background apps, SmartScreen Filter, and Sync with devices."

Is your windows a clean new install ? it may need updates before your usb stuff will sync . i might be reaching here but its possible . i could not install crimson drivers for a short time  until windows did several updates after the november rollout .

• quimond
    Options
    Thé problem show on feb 14th not in novemver... It always work even on Windows 8.1 and on Windows 10 ... And since February those 3 USB doesnt work Smiley Sad
  • IronFly
    Options

i had a similar issue on my system and was the Intel drivers.

to fix it, i clicked on Drivers tab, then update drivers, browse my computer, let me pick from a list and choosed the Microsoft version, clicked on next and then rebooted.

USB.jpg

• MattmanCDN

Tinkerer

Options

If your windows install is from that point in time it does not matter when your prob happened if your using that recovery or ISO  but not trying to argue with just want to help this is really wierd with two diff operating systems. might be a hardware prob.

• quimond
    Options
    Ironfly : im not at home atm ill try à bit later and i give u some news...

MattmanCDN : ill made à backup on external Hard drive... And erase everything and reinstall everything... Not a restauration point...

Thanks for your help guys
  • MattmanCDN

Tinkerer

Options

Keep us posted Smiley Happy

• quimond
    Options

Nothing work Smiley Sad

• MattmanCDN

Tinkerer

Options

How old is this laptop ? maybe time for acer to look or bring to local repair if no warranty .

• quimond
    Options

+/- 2 years only but no more on warranty Smiley Sad

• MattmanCDN

Tinkerer

Options

if you are sure your win install is not corrupt in any way  might be a hardware issue  , any broken usb devices , i once encountered somthing stuck in a usb socket that was causing probs but that was a desktop ,once again im just guessing here .

• quimond
    Options

you might be right... But what is very strange is that 3 usb device integrate have a problem in the same time, without no explication.. They was going very well... I closed computer for the night and when i started it again usb port, camera and touchscreen dont work... its very strange...

• MattmanCDN

Tinkerer

Options

what were you doing on the computer the night all was fine ? before you shut down , install anything , streaming a movie , watching xxx vids Smiley Tongue maybe that had somthin to do with it

• MattmanCDN

Tinkerer

Options

might be a cable now that i have another beer about it Smiley Tongue   touch screen ,camera, and usb