USB 3.1 Type C Vey Slow, No Drivers In System

Turbo10
Turbo10 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I have recently bought 2 weeks age an Aspire E-15. ES-523-93TU. AMD A9  7th edition, Windoes 10

I am begining to think it was a BIG mistake.

It is very, very slow in starting up and moving from page to page, folder to folder, the cooling fan is working full speed nearly all the time and the USB 3.1 Type C is no faster at transfering files than the normal USB 3.

When I have looked in the "System" folder there are no USB drivers for 3.1, only 3.0, surly this can't be correct?

Anybody know if drivers are available for 3.1? I have searched but nothing found.

Regards

Dave

Answers

• doughjohn
    doughjohn Member Posts: 353 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Hi

From what you have posted I would look at what is loaded and running.

Ctrl + Alt + Delete and look at the programs and services.  The CPU load and RAM usage.

I always suspect Microsoft, it quite often loads Xbox, Candy Crush and other garbage.

If the CPU load is high, try and dump some programs and services, even consider re-booting into safe mode and looking at any differences.

CCleaner may help in reducing/removing any offending software.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

i suppose your model is E5-523

please check your BIOS version:

windows logo key + r

type

msinfo32

report BIOS DATE/Version string

if below 1.17, please update it:

https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Acer_1.17_A_A.zip?acerid=636324983692491472&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%20E5-523&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

i can also suggest to try a windows reset, even if it's new, maybe something went wrong during installation; about drivers, normally windows 10 will re-install the latest, once connected to the web.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Turbo10

Hi

The bios os 1.17.

I have done a factory reset yesterday night, it made very little if any differance

WHERE ARE THE DRIVERS FOR USB 3.1 TYPE C ??

USB 3.1 type C is SLOWER that USB 3 why ??

Regards

Dave

• IronFly

you can try to uninstall some applications that you don't need but if it's still slow...if you have any return/refund policy.

• Turbo10

Why no drivers for USB 3.1 Type C ?

Why is USB 3.1 VERY slow?

Regards

Dave

• IronFly

Turbo10 wrote:

Why no drivers for USB 3.1 Type C ?

Why is USB 3.1 VERY slow?

Regards

Dave

only Acer can reply, i suggest you to contact the Acer support service.

• Turbo10

Thank you for your rely.

I have spoken to technical services and all they will say is that the USB 3.1 Type C port uses the windows drivers, there are no drivers needed for it!! but when I plug in a USB 3 memory stick in its a 250meg file TWICE as fast as than a new 3.1 Type C memory stick, the old is faster than the new.

Dell and HP have dedicated drivers for 3.1 type C but Acer say they don't have or need drivers  

• Turbo10

TOOK THE LOAD OF RUBBISH BACK TO THE PLACE OF PURCHASE.

SHAME ON YOU ACER