USB 3.0 not working correctly

Options
fijisi
fijisi Member Posts: 3 New User

I have just recently upgraded my laptop E5-571G-37BK from win 8.1 to win 10. After the upgrade I noticed that the USB 3.0 slot was not operating at its usual speed even with a usb 3.0 stick plugged in. I tried re-installing the driver for win 7 but apparently it is no longer compatible even when I tried it in win 7 compatible mode. Could someone please help me rectify this problem? 

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Try this:

http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers/5385;-;Aspire%20E5-571G

windows 10 as OS

download and install:

Intel chipset drivers

Intel I/O drivers

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • fijisi
    Options

I re-installed the suggested programs.The Chipset program didn't seem to run properly. Clicked on setup and nothing. Help!!!! The IO Drivers installed correctly. I tested transfering a film from the stick to laptop: it transfered at 65MB/s. Great!! Then tried transfering the same film from Laptop to Stick: it transfered at 17 MB/s. Not so great. Any other suggestions??

• IronFly
    Options

doing a quick search, it seems a common issue on windows 10 and Intel USB3.0 hub.

i can only suggest you to uninstall Intel extended USB3.0 controller and then reboot and check if windows installed a different version.

Device manager, universal serial bus controller - right click and choose to uninstall Intel USB 3.0 controllers

• fijisi
    Options

Did as suggested but windows re-installed the same driver. Tested another USB 3.0 HDD, with the same results. It seems to read in USB 3.0 mode but writes in USB 2.0 mode. I have also re-installed win 10, then all the drivers but, to no avail. It seems I will have to hope that acer will bring out an update to solve this issue. Thankyou for your help "Iron Fly". It was much appreciated.

• IronFly
    Options

you welcome, i think the issue is more related to Intel and Microsoft than Acer.