Turning on Wireless Capability on Acer Aspire E1-531

Options
UlrichReilly
UlrichReilly Member Posts: 1 New User
Long story short, my laptop's keyboard and mouse pad broke, they became disconnected from the motherboard, or whatever, through events I wish not to explain. Unfortunately, just before that happened, I had pressed Function (Fn) & F3, otherwise known as the Wireless Capabilities button, therefore turning it off. Not even nowing what might happen, it stayed like that. Now, after trying all that I could without doing the obvious and forking up money to have the keyboard fixed, I can't seem to turn it back on.

Subsequently, through my searching, I found that you're able to turn it on a multitude of different ways, on the Aspire E1531, though...none of them work. I have attempted to Troubleshoot the adaptor in order for it to enable itself, but it will not do it. I somehow got to this one GUI that had, what seemed to be, a list of commonly used APIs or GUIs - I don't know, I'm not a computer person! - and it had the volume there and the Wifi adaptor with a grayed out button that said "Turn On Wireless"; talk about a tease.

Is there any way for me to turn on my wireless through ANY means without having to pay just yet??? Also, I am using an external mouse and keyboard and have even attempted using the OSK in conjunction with the external, as it doesn't have an Fn key, though when I press the Fn key on the OSK and the F3 key, it opens a search folder with the cursor in the search bar, which I have found to be the basic F3 function. Even pressing Fn+F3 on the OSK itself didn't work. Is there anything I can do???