Trackpad no longer works for ES1-111M-P156 after Creators Update of Windows 10

ianwuk
ianwuk Member Posts: 17

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives

So, I upraded my Acer ES1-111M-P156 using the Upgrade Assistant to the official version of Windows 10 Creators Update.  As before, when I first upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10 on the same laptop, the trackpad no longer works and I have to use a USB mouse instead.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?  Where can I download an updated driver for the trackpad?  Does anyone have the Windows 10 trackpad driver for this device (before the CU update) that I could try to manually install?

Please note, I am running the official Windows 10 Creators Update.  Not an Insider version or anything like that.  It was released early on April 5th, intead of April 11th, through the Upgrade Assistant tool.

Thanks.
ianwuk

Best Answer

• ianwuk

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

I fixed this myself.  For anyone else with this issue, go to the Acer support page for this model, on the drivers section, choose Windows 8 and download the Intel I/O drivers and install them.  Restart and the trackpad will work.

Answers

• ianwuk

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

I fixed this myself.  For anyone else with this issue, go to the Acer support page for this model, on the drivers section, choose Windows 8 and download the Intel I/O drivers and install them.  Restart and the trackpad will work.

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer

Hi,

Thanks for posting your solution, very helpfulSmiley Very Happy

• abcdabcd
    abcdabcd Member Posts: 11 New User
    .. but how do you install the driver if it tells you that the best driver is already installed? How do you over-ride that?