Touchpad is not working in my Acer Aspire E5 511P7UX. Need help desperately!

Manozshrestha20
Manozshrestha20 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi. My laptop is just 4 months old bt I am already having the problem in my touchpad. It is not working. I had Windows

7 on my laptop. The touchpad was working very well and smoothly but suddenly one day, it stopped working. I thought it happened because I was using Windows 7 so I installed Windows 8.1 hoping that everything would be okay but even during the Windows installation, I had to use keyboard commands. The touchpad didn't work at all. It is not working even after the Window has been completely installed. For an alternative, I am using an USB mouse. And, you know this is really ridiculous. Please do not suggest me Fn + F7 because I am not that dumb to not to know that simple trick. My keypad is not working at all!

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Manozshrestha20,

I am sorry and can imagine this being frustrating. It looks like you did right with your assumption by putting the OEM load back on as that would have been a suggestion. Since you have done this already and it is clearly not a FN + F7 issue, then it sounds like a hardware problem with the touchpad.

Normally I would have you go into PC settings -> PC and devices -> Mouse and touchpad and check to see if the touchpad is On or if you even get that option. However, by default it should be on because you performed a clean install. So at this time since you are in warranty, I would recommend contacting technical support in you region for further assistance.