Touchpad ES1-111M too sensitive

Options
Bjoessi
Bjoessi Member Posts: 5 New User

I just bought a ES1-111M (win8.1) and the touchpad makes it almost unusable.

The problem is not the cursur speed, the problem is the pressure sensitivity. I.e. when moving the cursor around I constantly accidentally click, drag/drop or multiselect.

Is there any way either to change this sensitivity (not the cursor speed), or load an old driver so that it behaves like an old generic "non precision" touchpad (on which I usually switch off all tapping/gestures and click using the integrated touchpad buttons).

//Torbjörn

Best Answer

• Bjoessi
    Answer ✓
    Options

I handed it in for warranty service. They repaced the touch pad and now it is behaving like I expect a touch pad should behave. Problem solved.

Answers

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

In this case, you can consider turning Off taps or change the delay before taps work. To do this, you can refer to "To change precision touchpad settings" section on the following link:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/touchpad

Hope this will help you.

• Bjoessi
    Options

Thanks for the advice, but I am afraid that doesnt help me. That only helps (just like you wrote>) while I am typing - I have problems with normal pointing and clicking - e.g. surfing the web or browsing through folders.

I have been in contact with the company that sold me the PC and they couldnt help me by support either on the phone or over the counter and they also agree (when I visited the store) that the touchpad is way too sensitive. Their suggestion is that I hand it in for service, but then it will be stuck in the service loop for weeks or months.

Currently I am forced to always carry a normal mouse around with me and that makes impossible to use the computer on the bus or in a car where I dont have a table.

Problem not solved Smiley Sad

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

As the issue still persists, it doesn't seem to be a software issue. Hence, it is recommended to take it to your nearest Acer service center for further assistance. To do this, the following link can be helpful:
    http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact

• Bjoessi
    Answer ✓
    Options

I handed it in for warranty service. They repaced the touch pad and now it is behaving like I expect a touch pad should behave. Problem solved.