The shift key on my Acer laptop has not been securely in place since I purchased this laptop.

Options
sbtw
sbtw Member Posts: 2 New User

I purchased an Acer laptop because my friend has had one forever and it hasn't kicked the bucket yet.  I am so disappointed with the quality of the one I purchaed, however. I purchased this laptop at the begininng of September, and have had nothing but issues with it.  The shift key has popped off since the day I bought it, and I have to keep placing it back where it should be. When I use the shift key, the button moves around and often does not work.  I end up with uncapitalized letters and numbers when I intend to use a symbol.  As a student this is extremely frustrating.  Also, the screen dimming keys on the arrow buttons are in the wrong spot; the bright button is on the side that dims the brightness and vice versa.  The touchpad is also poor quality; the arrow is NEVER where I want it to be; always just beside.

I was very excited to have a new, lightweight laptop for university, but it has been nothing but a nuisance.

Answers

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

This seems to be a hardware issue. As your laptop is new and still under warranty, you are advised to take it to nearest Acer service center for further assistance. To do this, the following link can be helpful:
    http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service

Hope this will help you.