Spacebar Issue

CitizenG
CitizenG Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi folks. I recently bought myself an Aspire ES1-512 laptop for the purposes of writing and I've noticed that the spacebar only seems to work if you tap it firmly in the centre. If you tap it nearer to the edges/corners it doesn't produce a space which is quite annoying when you do a lot of typing. Just wondered if it was a fault with this laptop or if it's just how the spacebar is on this model. I've never experienced this on any other keyboard (including another Acer).

Also, it's not a specific application this happens on, it happens on all of them (Word, Scrivener, Final Draft, and on internet search engines, emails, social media updates etc.).

Cheers in advance,

John Smiley Happy 

Answers

• Coqui13
    Coqui13 ACE Posts: 2,215 Pathfinder

Hi CitizenG,

It does not matter where you touch the space bar it should be recognize, so i think it might be a mechanic or physical problem of that key. You can also try to clean it with compress air it might have some dirt accumulated.   

☑ No trabajo para Acer, soy voluntario.
    ☑ Para cerrar el tema, marque " aceptar como solución" la respuesta correcta que le fue de utilidad.
    ☑ Lo siento pero no se responde a preguntas de manera privada, debe abrir un nuevo tema en el lugar indicado del foro para que pueda recibir ayuda.

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2015-2019 ★★

• CitizenG
    CitizenG Member Posts: 3 New User

Thanks, I'll get in contact with them, much appreciated Smiley Happy