Sound crashes/buzzes/stutters from time to time

Options
Kassandra
Kassandra Member Posts: 7 New User

Hello. Lately I've purchased Acer Aspire E5-571G and everything is fine, but I heard something bad from my speakers.

When I use youtube or application with music or sound effects I heard that sound freezes. The sound is still emitting, but it stutters. It happens not that often, but I'm getting quite irritating. There's no speakers' thing I guess, because the problem appears on headphones too. My laptop isn't overheated, it happens when I use light game or browser.

I've installed new drivers for chipset and Realtek. That changed nothing I guess.

Any idea how to fix that? Thanks for your help. Smiley Happy

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Installed OS?

any antivirus installed?

usually sound stutters happens when CPU or chipset are under heavy load, so can be HDD scanning or other applications that's working in the background.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Kassandra
    Options

Windows 8.1 and upgraded to Windows 10. I installed Free Avast Antivirus. And uh, I changed my HDD to SSD.

• IronFly
    Options

uninstall Avast and check about sound stutters.

• Kassandra
    Options

I've uninstalled Avast and from this this time I haven't hear anything wrong with sound. Should I change antivirus?

• IronFly
    Options

you have windows 10....the built-in antivirus (windows defender) is good and it's nearly daily updated. Smiley Happy

• Kassandra
    Options

Well, I wanted to dig deeper and I used DPC Latency Checker and I've found that these drop-outs with sounds are related to Realtek PCie GBE family controller. I installed a new driver, but that didn't help. When I disabled this device, everything seems to be OK. Any tips to fix that controller? I can just left it disabled since I've got second card - Qualcomm Atheros.

• IronFly
    Options

you can disable it if you don't need the LAN ethernet adapter.