Series of Faulty Aspire E15 E5-575Gs

Options
meoantolin
meoantolin Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter

Hello.

So I purchased an E15 E5-575G-52DA last tuesday.

Everything was working great EXCEPT for the backspace key -- it won't register UNLESS I press really hard and right at the center. I was well under warranty, so I had the laptop replaced with a new unit with a working backspace key.

However, the new one had a jumpy mouse pointer right out of the box. The salesman said it will be fine after a few reboots, but it didn't get any better. In fact, after a day of usage, the laptop's performance got even worse. Everything was crashing, loading takes 2-3 minutes for any app, and disk usage was constantly at 100%.

Finally, I'm on my third unit -- BUT the touchpad mouse pointer is lagging as well. It's fine with an external mouse, though. 

I'm very careful this time as to not install or plug anything, but I think the lagging spells trouble in itself.

I'm over the store's 6-day replacement policy, so my only hope is that it's a software issue that can be fixed.

TL;DR

This particular unit has a laggy touchpad, but the pointer works well with an external mouse. Not a very big deal, but ruins the experience especially when I'm working in my bedroom or couch.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Update: NVM, got fixed after all the Windows updates.Smiley Happy