SSD + HDD at the same time on my Aspire E5-572G

Options
Snapze
Snapze Member Posts: 8 New User

So the title almost says it all, I want to buy a new SSD (preferebly samsung 850 evo pro 250gb) and use it in this laptop but I want my hdd to stay in the laptop for storage reasons. Are there 2 hdd docks or w/e they are called in this laptop? If not, can I remove the optical driver (dvdrom) and put the ssd in it's place? Maybe some other solution than the two I mentioned above? FYI I want an internal SSD like the one I mentioned above, so don't suggest me external ones, since it's a laptop and should be always portable.

Best Answer

• coolmark1995
    coolmark1995 Member Posts: 7 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Well do you have an empty bay on the side of your laptop? Where it looks like a cd rom drive but isn't? Its an empty space you can install a data second into and it will perform as well as your built in HDD when I get home I'll post a picture of mine to show you what I meant

Answers

• coolmark1995
    Options

Hello Snapze I have looked online at your specs and well you probably could put another HDD or SSD in your cdrom Bay I would not advice it as there are no mount points for the HDD OR SSD drive mount. that being said you could find a way to mount it but I know acer Support might not advise that ethier.

• Snapze
    Options

But there is a way via bridge or something right? I would not have problems with only SSD but I'm afraid i'll kill it really fast because I constantly install new things and store new things and then delete them, and then the cycle continues, also I can't afford more than a 250gb SSD, and with the games i'm playing and the programs I use, it's just a no-no. Can you at least point in the right direction? So I know what I'm looking for? I'm kinda new with laptop stuff and their limitations.

• coolmark1995
    Options

you could buy something like this http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B015AFOK6E?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00 it would comepletley replace your CD drive if you have one and add the ability for a second HDD/SDD I just ordered one myself for an acer aspire es1-511 Might have to find the proper Sata 2nd for your laptop though

• Snapze
    Options

What do you mean "sata 2nd" ... I kinda don't get it :/ Explain thoroughly if  can.

• coolmark1995
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Well do you have an empty bay on the side of your laptop? Where it looks like a cd rom drive but isn't? Its an empty space you can install a data second into and it will perform as well as your built in HDD when I get home I'll post a picture of mine to show you what I meant
  • MattmanCDN
    MattmanCDN Member Posts: 108

Tinkerer

Options

nexus week 015.jpgnexus week 015.jpg

Silverstone makes several diff size caddys to work with the empty laptop optical bay that converts the offset sata ports to standard .tso8 is 9.5mm and tso9 is 12.7 mm inside the case not the size of the outer bezel . this laptop is an e5-521 48kn  with dual mushkin 240 gb ssds the original blue was put in a usb three enclosure huge boost in batt life plus performance .