Ram upgrade for Acer F5 572G

Options
write2vivek86
write2vivek86 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Guys i want to upgrade my existing 4GB ram to additional 8GB ram, making system 12GB of ram. I have laptop in warrantly till this june and an extented warrenty till 2018, will it void it warranty if i upgrade it myself in home or should i take it to acer service centre ? will they give me any receipt of memory upgrade or something that says my warranty is still there even with the ram upgrade. Ram i want to purchase from amazon- Kingston 8 GB RAM FOR LAPTOP 1600MHZ PC3L - KVR16LS118 (LOW VOLTAGE)

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,119 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi,

I would suggest you to get in touch with Acer Service centre in India and get the confirmation, normally, you can upgrade the RAM and HDD without affecting the warranty but this policy differs in different countries, so please contact Acer Support by either phone or email.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/service-contact

• write2vivek86
    write2vivek86 Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

Does this laptop support DDR4 ram..??? Can i install SSD in plae of optical drive with the Caddy, what is the size for the caddy i should take, 9mm or something..?? kindly guide me, my laptop is under warranty till 2019 june, so will these changes by service centre void my warranty or not ? or should i install caddy by myself ?

Most importantly will i get any receipt for the upgrades..?? because they will tear off my shining warranty stickers to get through the screw.

Vivek

India

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,119 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi,

No, your model doesn't support DDR4 type memory, if you upgrade your laptop by Acer Service centre, your warranty will not be voided on the other hand if you try these upgrades, you may void the warranty, it's better to get a firm reply from Acer Support centre in India.